my take on the game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my take on the game

I see a little bit of the first half and the second half.

The major problem this team have is connecting between defense and midfield. We lost the ball too much there and this invite the opposing team to come and pick the ball there. This maybe why the defense boot the ball out because if I don't trust that the ball is going to advance on the ground then it is going to advance somehow.

The wingbacks especially the right back need to look how the Peru marked our wingers. He gave them no space whatsoever always marking. Most of their plays develop over their left wing and the right back gave the winger too much space. The winger had time to hold the ball, wait on support or cross the ball in the middle. It simply need the wingback to mark closer.

They were troubled by our speed in office and when our forward had the ball you had at least 4 or 5 players dropping back. If we could have kept the ball in their half a little more it would have spell nothing but trouble.

Tappa need some help with a coach to teach free kicks as we wasted every single one and some more help with running within a formation.

I think if this team can work as team with the right instructions we could do a lot of damage.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Di right back allow Peru left wing/midfield to much space fi real. Him did hab time fi control call a bredren; an den duh weh him feel like wid di ball. Ah deh suh most ah di attack come from inna di second half. Wi need a good link man inna di miggle fi real, kah di english outah di back jus nah guh cut it. Wi play narrow is a shame, wi conjest di miggle an allow di wide playah all kina room an time. Wid suh much playah inna di miggle, nobady know who a pickup who ah jus bear confusion. Ah buil wi ah buil it anyway suh, wi fi learn from dem mistakes an jus correct di ting.

Comment

Assasin..i guess you are saying that Jamaica needs to learn ball management.

Like him or not....this is where Barnes would do well with the Jamaican squad.

I watched the second half--and The team did not hold the ball long enough for 5 passes
      The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

...I didn't see the game and I am confused. The media reports,3 different reports ALL seem to indicate that the Boyz, did well for the most part. The reports says that we were "organized" and "fluent", used the width of the field and passed the ball around, at least for the first half. Other posters here, have said differently....so what is the true story ?

is the media trying to market the Boyz ? are they all just ball dunce?

we all wont see the game the same way, but the reports are so way OFF, that it is confusing, to even draw a conclusion.......

KARL said they were" fools ".......
        Sunday, August 28th, 2011. We will never forget !!

Comment

consider the source.....

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

The first half was okay. The defensive shape was okay, but some of the players just kept doing stupid things and putting the team under more pressure. The second half was not a pretty sight. Very bad.

Players like Jefferson Farfan, Juan Manuel Vargas and company are legitimate stars in the best leagues in the world, so it is no surprise that some of our players couldn't keep up. With that said, on the offensive end, if the players played a little smarter they would have gotten clear cut chances. Shelton and Addlery were very very poor.

Comment

what you mean we couldn't keep up with them? That a because we a run them down. Nobody was marking the left winger. Everytime he gets the ball the rightback was about 5 steps away from him giving him the chance to do pretty much what he wanted.

Their defense knew they couldn't match our forwards with speed so if you notice they were all over them, didn't give them much space to control the ball at all. The right back could have done much better.

Also we gave away the ball so easy. One play came to mind on the left back, the defender pass the ball to a midfielder and ran to the left and the midfielder pass it back to the right so the opponent latch unto the ball. We simply gave up the ball too much in defensive mid without pressure.
              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

I agree with you 100% on that. Ball management was poor. Inna Tennis they have unforced error, pretty much that was how we gave up most of the ball in the second half.

I still think our forward line can and will do some big damage given more of the ball.

Not only that, we need a leader in the midfield as well.

Comment

Even when the defender was on the player, he easily made a couple moves got a cross into the box every time. When they had three against our three on the flanks, simple combination play and they got past them. The players they are playing against, play quality football at a completely different speed than we do. We have fast players, but you think them can bounce ball, control and move at a fast pace. Richard Edwards can't do that. Vernan can't. Demar can't. Luton can't, Reid can't, Taylor can't, Austin can't. Morrison stepping up in that department.

this shows from the Junior level and stays with the teams going into the senior level.

Comment

The fact is the wingback at no stage marked the winger close. On all the play on the wing was never arms lenght away always five yards away which is NoMan's land and a template for taking beaten from a winger. When you give the winger so much time he can wait until other players join in as he did.

Comment

There were numerous time he was up on the winger and the winger just dribbled around him. Omar Daley easily evaded in a similar manner when he came on in the middle.

Comment

Originally posted by myYout View Post
                        Di right back allow Peru left wing/midfield to much space fi real. Him did hab time fi control call a bredren; an den duh weh him feel like wid di ball. Ah deh suh most ah di attack come from inna di second half. Wi need a good link man inna di miggle fi real, kah di english outah di back jus nah guh cut it. Wi play narrow is a shame, wi conjest di miggle an allow di wide playah all kina room an time. Wid suh much playah inna di miggle, nobady know who a pickup who ah jus bear confusion. Ah buil wi ah buil it anyway suh, wi fi learn from dem mistakes an jus correct di ting.
                        How often that right back allowed the Peru lift wing/midfield that space?
                        ...and 2ndly how often was that right back 'burned'?
                        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

depends on what you mean close. You notice how they played Dane and Shelton. The only reason Omar could have done that was because he was an overlapping wingback and not a winger. There was hardly no need for their wingback to overlap. You notice there were times when the ball came forward they defender was pressing on Shelton's back doing a man to man marking? Show me when our defender did that.

Comment

Everytime the winger had the ball. He either beat him or hold it up and wait on support with the defender backing off five yards away.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                              Everytime the winger had the ball. He either beat him or hold it up and wait on support with the defender backing off five yards away.
                              I know...but the question was, how many times did that happen?

4?

5?

6?

10?

20?

What is your 'guestimate' on number of times it happened?
                              "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Working...
                              X