• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Karl... u wake!!?
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Originally posted by Twan View Post
      ...I didn't see the game and I am confused. The media reports,3 different reports ALL seem to indicate that the Boyz, did well for the most part. The reports says that we were "organized" and "fluent", used the width of the field and passed the ball around, at least for the first half. Other posters here, have said differently....so what is the true story ?

is the media trying to market the Boyz ? are they all just ball dunce?

we all wont see the game the same way, but the reports are so way OFF, that it is confusing, to even draw a conclusion.......

KARL said they were" fools ".......
      Re: 'fools'

I used that word to make a point. They played foolishly.
      I am also fustrated and was someone angry! ...but they played crap! ...acted foolishly...and that will make me say stuff in a strong way!
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Omar, overlapping wingback? what are you talking about.

There is a huge difference between the approach Peru took and we took in attack. The way we played in attack, there was no support for the forwards, so they had one infront of the attackers and one behind.

Anyhow, to avoid the back and forth. Vernan, Demar and the other are not at the level of many of the players they were playing against. With a couple additions and a more sensible approach the team can play a lot better.

Comment

Originally posted by HL View Post
          Karl... u wake!!?
          Lang time, baasss!

Just falla mi han si weh mi a guh?!
          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
            How often that right back allowed the Peru lift wing/midfield that space?
            ...and 2ndly how often was that right back 'burned'?
            ..wasn't the right back Eric Vernan, one of the finds of the past 2 years, and he is supposedly one of the better local talents?

is this is usual position when playing for his club ?
            Sunday, August 28th, 2011. We will never forget !!

Comment

All I am saying is some very basic things and they could have done better.
              You don't have to be as good as the player you are opposing, just been able to think would make a difference. I have played wingback for most of my life and if a man burn me down the wing once I know that I either have to mark closer or force him inside. They wingback was on his backfoot for the entire second half.
              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                All I am saying is some very basic things and they could have done better.
                You don't have to be as good as the player you are opposing, just been able to think would make a difference. I have played wingback for most of my life and if a man burn me down the wing once I know that I either have to mark closer or force him inside. They wingback was on his backfoot for the entire second half.
                ..TRUE DAT...seems like we lacking common football sense...being able to make adjustments...
                Sunday, August 28th, 2011. We will never forget !!

Comment

wan love bass man...

HL

Comment

you will not see most of our wingbacks been featured on the wingback in a 4 man defense for their club. They are athletic and will bus a tackle but are not patient enough to sit back and watch the game. In most cases their clubs will push them up on in the right or left mid as they can go forward and run back.
                    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
                      consider the source.....
                      Yes!
                      ...yet you will hav noticed how many of the posters and the number of times each poster points out "silly"..."not thinking"..."if some simple things were done"...

OK! Perhaps not in exactly the ways I just mentioned...but the point is many of those who have some grasp of the games saw the "foolish" behaviour(s).

...Boss with these same two teams meeting again...adn our players using common sense consistently throughout the game we would put up vastly superior play.

Peru was not half trying.
                      We were trying...yes to play on their team. Looked to me as if some of our players were so 'in lov' with Peru's play that on every occasion those our players got the ball...it was passed to a Peruvian!

Comment

you gats time Mass Karl....

HL

Comment

Originally posted by Me View Post
                          Omar, overlapping wingback? what are you talking about.

There is a huge difference between the approach Peru took and we took in attack. The way we played in attack, there was no support for the forwards, so they had one infront of the attackers and one behind.

Anyhow, to avoid the back and forth. Vernan, Demar and the other are not at the level of many of the players they were playing against. With a couple additions and a more sensible approach the team can play a lot better.
                          Agree except that in spurts Vernon didn't look that bad going forward, defending was another matter. Philipps seems to have plateaued while Morrison seems to be the oversees player thet has improved the most.

Comment

The fact is the wingback at no stage marked the winger close.
                            And Sass, the fundamentals of playing the game is to limit time and space your opponent has to make decisions/plays. Vernan seem to have no concept of that. On top of that, he makes passes which goes straight to the opposition each time. I wondered why Tappa persisted with him.
                            "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Tek di Jamaican papers' report with a game of salt. Those reporters either working with the marketing arm of the JFF or they just do not know the game. I think sometimes the read reports on other games and get the ideas they write in these reports. Not talking about you here Sickko.

Sometimes though you have to wonder what game did these guys watch.
                              "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Originally posted by HL View Post
                                you gats time Mass Karl....
                                I hear yuh, baasss!

Comment

Working...
                                X