Larsson can extend Man Utd stay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Larsson can extend Man Utd stay

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=629 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD colSpan=3><DIV class=mxb><DIV class=sh>Larsson can extend Man Utd stay </DIV></DIV></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top width=416><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=203 align=right border=0><TBODY><TR><TD><DIV> <DIV class=cap>Larsson scored Man Utd's opener in Sunday's win over Aston Villa</DIV></DIV></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>Manchester United's on-loan striker Henrik Larsson has been told by his Swedish club he can stay at Old Trafford until the end of the season.

Larsson, 35, who scored on his United debut in Sunday's FA Cup win over Aston Villa, signed from Helsingborg on a three-month loan deal this month.

But Helsingborg chairman Sten-Inge Fredin would allow Larsson to stay on.

"If he wants to stay then we'll open that discussion with United. We will not stand in his way," said Fredin.

606 DEBATE: Your thoughts on Larsson at Old Trafford

No contact has been made on the matter between the two clubs and former Celtic and Barcelona striker Larsson is refusing to consider his future with United - having only just made his debut.

"It is a three month loan deal and I have to be back when the Swedish league starts so I don't think it is going to happen," he said.

Helsingborg coach Stuart Baxter also insisted it was too early to discuss such matters but would not prove an obstacle to Larsson's deal being extended.

"While it is very early to speculate, it could happen," said Baxter.

"We are in a world where we are not really able to force Henrik back.

"Sweden being Sweden they would probably think of the person and not the footballer.

"There would be a discussion between Henrik and the club but he has given us no indication this is any more than the agreement we have."

He added: "We knew this situation might happen when we did the deal. It is Manchester United, after all, not Bristol Rovers."
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
    Che Guevara.

RE: Larsson can extend Man Utd stay

Is there ever was ah finisher better than him in modern football, i don't see him yet.

Comment

romario

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Ruud Van Nistelroy (sp)
        Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

None better than Klingsmann
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Assasin (1/8/2007)None better than Klingsmann
            Yu gone back to de Star Trek nonsense again Assassin? Mosiah....box dis bwoy again fi mi! (Chal) - T.K.
            No need to thank me forumites.

Comment

Working...
            X