RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

U20's to step up training program (Hopefully)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• U20's to step up training program (Hopefully)

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=800 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top width=24></TD><TD vAlign=top width=469>
    <CENTER></CENTER>

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=450 align=left border=0><TBODY><TR><TD> <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD><SPAN class=TopStory>U-20s to intensify training ahead of qualifiers</SPAN>
    <SPAN class=Subheadline></SPAN></TD></TR><TR><TD>BY LIVINGSTON SCOTT Observer staff reporter
    Sunday, January 07, 2007
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    <P class=StoryText align=justify>Jamaica's national Under-20 football coach, Dr Dean Weatherly, is hoping to get the go-ahead from Jamaica Football Federation (JFF) boss Crenston Boxhill for a planned six-week camp to prepare for the final round of the CONCACAF qualifying tournament in Mexico from February 21-25.<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=5 width=120 align=left border=0><TBODY><TR><TD></TD></TR><TR><TD><SPAN class=Description>WEATHERLY. leaving no stone unturned in quest to qualify</SPAN></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><P class=StoryText align=justify>According to Dr Weatherly, they are looking to host the camp at Munro College in St Elizabeth and up to 75 per cent of the plans had been finalised with the head of the institution.
    The young Reggae Boyz will qualify for their second Under-20 World Cup Finals if they finish in the top two of their final round group against Mexico, Costa Rica and St Kitts and Nevis.<P class=StoryText align=justify>Dr Weatherly said he is leaving no stone unturned in their quest to qualify, and this camp is aimed at getting the players to their optimum form so they can represent the nation with distinction.
    "We are planning a six-week camp that will carry us straight into the tournament. We're still in the planning stages of it right now, so we're just trying to fine-tune some things to make it happen.<P class=StoryText align=justify>"But we're working at it assiduously because we hope to be in camp by next week straight through until the tournament," he said.
    However, there is the issue of schooling, and this is the coach's major concern as he tries to get his plans organised.
    "Those in school, we will have to find a school for them because the JFF has a policy when they take them out of school. But we need to put them into schools now for those who will be out of their geographical region.<P class=StoryText align=justify>"We're looking at Munro, but we're waiting on Mr Gayle (Branford, principal) to confirm. If not, we will have to go to plan B, as we have been planning to talk to the headmaster at Cornwall College, because there is a boarding facility there as well," he said.
    "But we're in dialogue with Munro and it was about 75 per cent sure up to yesterday (Thursday).<P class=StoryText align=justify>"So when the weekend is out we will definitely know where we are going to be, because I will meet with Mr Boxhill and Mr Gibson (Burchell, JFF general secretary) over the weekend and work out these things," he added.
    "But the best place is Munro because the games will be played at high altitude, in Mexico, so with Munro being somewhat a bit above sea level it would be good for the boys," he noted.<P class=StoryText align=justify>Also, there could be some resistance from the National Premier League (NPL) clubs, but Dr Weatherly said they will have to understand the importance of the camp.
    "Some of the premier league clubs will be up in arms, but we just have to do what we have to and let them understand where w
    SA 2010: Reggae Boyz coming home!

RE: U20's to step up training program (Hopefully)

Weatherly has the right thinking, I hope Boxhill makes this happen.

Comment

Now Tilla and Sickko unnu see the Dr. a talk the truth and there is nothing wrong with what I said.

We can't go in these tournaments underprepared, confused and making last minute calls to save us. It simple nah go werk.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

<DIV>Over the weekend, the Jonathan Hibbert Tournament was held up at Munro College. I wondered what would have happened if it were held elsewhere, like Portmore.</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>Matches started at 10:05 in the morning and continued throughout the day. Picture that in Portmore, or at GC Foster! </DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>There was absolutely no complaint from anyone about the heat, humidity or smog. Even when bottled water ran short, heat stroke was not about to endanger anyone's life.</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>Dr. Weatherly, a Munro College Old Boy, knows a good thing when he sees it. </DIV>

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

So the academy open?
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

[b]Mosiah (1/8/2007)There was absolutely no complaint from anyone about the heat, humidity or smog.

Yuh sure say a smog? A so the air quality bad with so much air pollution deh so.

Looks like a great place for the academy!
            Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Mosiah (1/8/2007)<DIV>Over the weekend, the Jonathan Hibbert Tournament was held up at Munro College. I wondered what would have happened if it were held elsewhere, like Portmore.</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>Matches started at 10:05 in the morning and continued throughout the day. Picture that in Portmore, or at GC Foster! </DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>There was absolutely no complaint from anyone about the heat, humidity or smog. Even when bottled water ran short, heat stroke was not about to endanger anyone's life.</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>Dr. Weatherly, a Munro College Old Boy, knows a good thing when he sees it. </DIV>
              Re: Heat stroke

...and, the TEAMs that prepare and play on our plains? ...oh, it is folly to prepare on the plains of Kingston &amp; St Andrew, St Catherine - national champs too numerous to mention)? ...not to mention those of Clarendon (Dinthill, Vere &amp; Glenmore - former national Champs), St, Elizabeth (StETHS - former D'Cup champs), Clarendon College - former national champs,)Westmoreland (Geodfrey Stewart, Frome, Reno), Hanover - (plains by the sea where Rusea's another former national champs prepared)and Montego Bay...etc, etc.

Oh...any national champs have every prepared at the GC Foster College...or national teams? ...no tournaments?

...and, no one remembers our national teams preparing at the National Stadium...and, making it to 1 FIFA World Cup ...and, 2 FIFA age-group championships? :w00t:

Bwoy...a tell yuh???Mek mi guh pray - (Pray)
              "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

<DIV>Forgive me, but I thought we were trying to get to TOP OF THE WORLD status. Mah baad!</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>Wi talking about maximising training opportunities. Where have these teams who trained on the plains reached?</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>Thanks in advance.</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>The ability to train at any time of the dayis just one of the advantages, btw. I chose to highlight that one. Would you like me to address the rest?</DIV>

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Mosiah (1/8/2007) <DIV>Forgive me, but I thought we were trying to get to TOP OF THE WORLD status. Mah baad!</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>Wi talking about maximising training opportunities. Where have these teams who trained on the plains reached?</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>Thanks in advance.</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>
                  </DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>Quite a few Caribbean titles and1 FIFA World Cup and 2 FIFA World Championships. </DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>
                  </DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>The ability to train at any time of the dayis just one of the advantages, btw. I chose to highlight that one. Would you like me to address the rest?</DIV>
                  Where in Jamaica it is alwaysnever appropriate toengage in extremelystrenuousphysical activity during any hour of the day or night?

I do not know such a place!

...and, where in Jamaicawould it not be wise toon some occasions not engage in extremelystrenuousphysical activity?

I do know 'All Jamaica'!

The idea that Munro...or the village of Potsdam is the only suitable place to install our academy is nonsense. ...and, nonsenseit wouldbe to claim the GC Foster is the only place to install an academy.

For my part I hope we shall have academies all across the island.

Munro and Potsdam has some 'good things' going for them...and, so does GC Foster.

btw - An academy will be sited at GC Foster!

Aside: Boxhill in his manifesto gave at least one reason why putting the academy atMunro was nota wise option.

It must be that he re-examined his position and 'a bulb' when off in his head?
                  "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

[quote]Karl (1/8/2007)
                    The idea that Munro...or the village of Potsdam is the only suitable place to install our academy is nonsense. ...and, nonsenseit wouldbe to claim the GC Foster is the only place to install an academy.
                    I might have missed it. Where did I say Munro was the only suitable place?

Again, your thanks have been advanced!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

[quote]Mosiah (1/8/2007)
                      Karl (1/8/2007)
                      I might have missed it. Where did I say Munro was the only suitable place?

Again, your thanks have been advanced!
                      You never said any such thing!

Comment

Working...
                      X