RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I get the feeling that Capt. Burrell would...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I get the feeling that Capt. Burrell would...

...have completed the simple project of building the football academy long long time.

Under him, Jamaica would have qualified for the regional Gold Cup competition.

Just read wherefootball fields in HANOVER need immediate attention.

Oh, BTW: I am taking it that Bora is (in Jamaica)and is quite busy working at initial steps for qualification. The Jamaican government has a habit of mismanagement. This includes spending. (I am taking it that Boras' tenure has begun). Any idiot who invest US$1 million in anyone...will jolly well ensure value for money from the get go.

LASTWORD:

Boxhill has set Jamaicas' football far farrrr back.
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

RE: I get the feeling that Capt. Burrell would...

True, Portmore United would have had their very own JFF/FIFA sponsored headquarters in the middle of one of the busiest intersection in the island long time ago.

Funny how Hanover is one of the most vocal backers of Burrell yet their football and football fields is the poorest anywhere in the island....hmmmm food for thought.

Maybe they should spend more time building football than trying to influence election outcome.
    Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
    Che Guevara.

Comment

I too was glad that the Academy did not get placed in Portmore. I do not know what the good Captain was thinking or not thinking for that matter. . . Maybe the fact that he does not listen to anyone either could have been behind why the not too prudent decision was made in the first place.

Anyway, it is long enough now for Boxhill to have something to show on this Academy. November will be 4 years since he assumed power and still not even an artists outlay of what this thing is going to be. I guess we will hear something a few weeks before the November elections.
      "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

While driving the other day ( I think it was three days ago) there was a report on the radio stating that there was some problem with payment for the academy and all work has stopped. Something about FIFA documents needing to be filed. According to the report the contractor (I guess this is aBoxhill friend)was doing things out of pocket and expecting payment quickly. Funds still didn't come through sohe stopped. Haven't seen it on the news and the poor newspaper journalist in Jamaica don't seem interested in the topic.

Comment

Maybe he would have added some more elevators and fresh plush carpeting to the JFF's office building with the academy money and told anyone who dared asked about it to go jump in the sea...
          SA 2010: Reggae Boyz coming home!

Comment

Did you also get the feeling that we would have qualified for WC 2002? And what about the other age group competitions around that time, didn't you feel that the Captain would have guided us into their respective "World Cups" also?

Well, I did!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

"the poor newspaper journalist in Jamaica"? there is only ONE...damn I need to get back to work quick...
              Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
              Che Guevara.

Comment

Sickko (1/8/2007)"the poor newspaper journalist in Jamaica"? there is only ONE...damn I need to get back to work quick...
                It is a pity such things are only found when they are not writing their articles. Most of the time they make their articles such a hard reid.

Anyway, do you have any further word on the academy? No wonder shatta speaks of this inability to contribute to the point.

Comment

whatever man, I am still on fricking vacation, you need to chill....
                  Che Guevara.

Comment

I get the feeling if Burrell was running things we have beaten SVG at home and qualified for the gold cup. I also get the feeling he would have learnt a lesson from his defeat for the JFF Presidency and he would have improved his relationship with the media. I also get the feeling the JFF would have received more corporate sponsorship from someone who is an extraordinarily successful businessman.

Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

improve relations with media...ha! Mark this down, if he returns to the JFF presidency, one of his first things will be try to ban those who he thinks was not pulling for him...the 'go jump in the sea' remark was not a knee jerk one that is him and as they say old dogs can learn new tricks...in short he wont change his style, not now.
                      Che Guevara.

Comment

Sickko (1/8/2007)whatever man, I am still on fricking vacation, you need to chill....
                        Enjoy your vacation. When you are finished, please give us an update on the academy if you can.

Comment

since you are so interested call the JFF 926-1182, 9290484 and ask for gart Williams he is the Media guy and I am sure he can give you a first hand acciunt better than I can....
                          Che Guevara.

Comment

Sickko (1/8/2007)improve relations with media...ha! Mark this down, if he returns to the JFF presidency, one of his first things will be try to ban those who he thinks was not pulling for him...the 'go jump in the sea' remark was not a knee jerk one that is him and as they say old dogs can learn new tricks...in short he wont change his style, not now.

This is a major negative in my book. All the media houses should stand unified and should make it clear that this type of behavior is unacceptable.

Fans may look pass his shortcomings for positive results on the playing field.
                            Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

<DIV>Yes. I get those feelings too. But what do the facts say?</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>We didn't qualify for the World Cup in 2002 and the JFF was bankrupt, to the point where Burrell closed down the offices.</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>What did Lazie say about feelings?</DIV>

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
                              X