Major transfer thus far.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Major transfer thus far.

1. Gyan completes record move to Sunderland.
    2. Robinho goes to AC Milan
    3. Alexander Hleb is back in the EPL
    4. Paul Konchesky now at Liverpool.
    5. Zlatan moves to AC Milan
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Robinho to Milan and Hleb to Birmingham are the suprise moves.

I have never seen a balla(Robinho) so selfish and greedy in my entire life...good afternoon Jawge and Lebron James.
    Now Milan will have Pato, Ronaldinho and Robinho all of whom don't play a lick of defense...Milan will only have 7 men behind the ball when they are defending...why couldn't we have been in their group.

As for Hleb he will never be comfortable playing anywhere but in his back yard...Idoit.

Comment

Stoke have signed Eidur Gudjohnsen, Jermaine Pennant, Marc Wilson and Salif Diao on a busy transfer deadline day.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

I will give Rednapp the benefit of the doubt on this one

FOOTBALL NEWS
        He was never on my radar, I don't know much about his playing style, I know who he is and that his is good but I wanted more steel in the midfield, Huddlestone alone can't do it and Palacious gives away the ball too much.

Rafael van der Vaart - joins Tottenham.
        VAN DER VAART DEAL GETS GO-AHEAD Barclays Prem Top 4 Finish 10/11 Top 4 Finish: Tottenham 3/1
        Click here to follow us on Twitter!
        Click here for our special Transfer Centre!
        Click here for more football headlines!
        Tottenham have confirmed the signing of Rafael van der Vaart from Real Madrid for a fee around £9m after the Premier League gave them the green light to add the Holland midfielder to their squad.
        Spurs had been sweating on clearance to bring the 27-year-old to White Hart Lane after technical difficulties hampered their efforts to submit the relevant paperwork for the move before Tuesday's transfer deadline.
        But after investigating the club's claims that there were difficulties involving computer servers used in the transaction between themselves and Real, the Premier League ratified the signing.
        Van der Vaart is quoted as telling the Dutch media: "The interest from Tottenham came very quick and I did not have much time to think.
        "But I want to play football again and if possible every week, with a beautiful club. I 'm totally happy.
        "I am excited about playing in England. Whether it suits my style remains to be seen, but I think a good footballer can adapt and I am very proud of this transfer."
        He added: "It's a pity I cannot now play against Ajax in the Champions League but I will get to face FC Twente."
        Manager Harry Redknapp revealed on Tuesday he was alerted to van der Vaart's availability just two hours before the window closed.
        Redknapp also claimed the player had been set to join Bayern Munich for £18million on Monday but the move broke down.
        However, that was categorically denied this afternoon by the Spanish giants, with sports director Miguel Pardeza telling his club's official website, www.realmadrid.com: "It is absolutely false that Real Madrid received a 21million euro offer from Bayern Munich for Van der Vaart.
        "In fact, the German team never showed an interest to sign the player, so the allegations made in England have greatly surprised us."
        Van der Vaart's transfer is not the first to be assessed by the Premier League over whether a deal has been completed before the deadline.
        In February 2009, they took a day to sanction Andrei Arshavin's move to Arsenal.
        A year earlier, Manchester City were unable to formally announce the signing of Benjani Mwaruwari's from Portsmouth for almost a week due to a wrangle over whether the paperwork had been submitted before the deadline.
        But they needed to make a decision on Van der Vaart by 5pm today, as that was the cut-off point for clubs to submit their 25-man senior squads for the first half of the Barclays Premier League season.
        Rafael van der Vaart factfile
        1983: Born on February 11, in Heemskerk, Holland.
        1993: Joins the Ajax academy as a 10-year-old.
        2000: April - Makes his senior Ajax debut against Den Bosch as a 17-year-old.
        2001: October 6 - Makes senior Holland debut against Andorra.
        2002: Ajax win the Eredivisie title and the KNVB Cup, although Van der Vaart's playing time is limited by a knee injury.
        2004: Ajax win Eredivisie title again. Van der Vaart named team captain for the following season by new boss Ronald Koeman.
        Plays a limited role for Holland at the European Championships in Portugal.
        2005: Joins Hamburg. The German club finish third in the Bundesliga in his first year at the club.
        2006: Included in Holland's squad for the World Cup in Germany, but after missing the opening game on his way back from injury, plays a minimal part in the campaign.
        2007-08: Scores 12 goals as Hamburg finish fourth in the Bundesliga.
        2008: August - Signs for Real Madrid, having impressed for Holland at Euro 2008.
        Scores on Real debut against Numancia.
        2009: Linked with a move away from the Bernabeu but stays on under coach Manuel Pellegrini.
        2010: September 1 - Confirmed as a Tottenham player after club make late £9million transfer deadline swoop.

Comment

Working...
        X