No announcement yet.

US Soccer Federation Signs Bradley Through 2014 World Cup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOL, Donovan is a dribbler? Who on the US 2010 could really dribble with ball? One player tried to beat a man and he was immediately subbed.

Comment

Answer mi question them first. Who is that one player who tried to dribble?
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

I have mixed feelings about this. It's generally not good to keep a coach for more than one WC cycle; statistically they do worse the second time around. I think it helps to get someone with new ideas in there. But at the same time you can't argue with the results that Bradley has gotten.

As for Klinsmann, I'm not the least bit convinced. He has very little experience under his belt and what he has is, for me, not too terribly impressive. In Germany it is also generally understood that he is not a tactician -- he is more of a motivator and man-manager and leaves the tactics to his assistant.
        "Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
        - Xavi

Comment

Originally posted by HL View Post
          Karl...please explain: "a better chance against the *yenks"

ThankX.

* twang mi a twang
          USA went backwards under Bradley. If that continues and we improve we may just pass each other going in different directions.
          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
            USA went backwards under Bradley.
            How so?
            "Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
            - Xavi

Comment

* twang mi a twang goes without sayig

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

be that as it may, his team overachieved in '06 and his assistant did a decent job in this last world cup.

capello was not able to MOTIVATE england nor erikkson mexico. it accounts for a lot becasue those teams have good players. at that level the talent is almost even so what breaks the deadlock?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

waz the madder with yew gammer......

'goes without saying'...now yew gats some neerves
                  The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

indeed i do! proud of it too.

Comment

The US don't need any change in tatics or structure. Do that and them going downwards.

Most of these Kids have been playing in this system since 12 year old and younger. You just need a few better players in certain areas of the pitch. WE all know the USA is always a fight and fighting team with a decent structure.
                      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Do your research; it was Klinsy who set up that Germany 2010 team (a killing machine) Still wondering how come they didn't win it after Brasil got knocked out buuuuuuuuuut. Ah sah.

Comment

It was clarke. He only tried to beat his man and it failed. Sass Donovan uses speed he can run and push a ball or make sudden turns (an astute defender can nullify this move) Matter of fact S.American coach said in a coaching seminar that these type of players have nothing to offer when they reach a certain age. At the same time skilled players such as Pele,Diego, Rivaldo, Romario , Klinsy, Zidane, Gazza et al even at 50 can still do things with the ball.

I'm talking about the ability to face an opponent and pass him by. Let's look at Brasil: Lucio the central D can beat players easily matter of fact dribbling is like second nature to the Brasilians. At my age I still beat young players with the ball (on Sunday mornings) why? it's an art and I catch them off balance and pass them (yuh waan see di man dem clap when mi hol man an beat dem, nah boast but ah so it go).
                          Moral of the story: players must have the ability to be creative and beat opposing defenders, if not they will pass the ball around until the opposition takes it away. Watch the Ghana game again and say in all honesty which was the better team.

BTW I expected the US to win the group just didn't want to say it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jawge View Post
                            Do your research; it was Klinsy who set up that Germany 2010 team (a killing machine)
                            Went to the semi-finals at home in a tournament that they didn't even need to qualify for.

Not bad, but still not all that terribly impressive to me.
                            - Xavi

Comment

Originally posted by Zeppo View Post
                              How so?
                              I watched the matches...forget the results. Your players workrate which is fantastic will 'paper over defects' for now...the colapse will come over the next 2-4 years.

If some one who can pick real talent (our (US that is) best your talents and inject them in the squad. ..even then Bradley will have a problem creating team and fluent play...hell the whole world saw our play was never comming out of an organised TEAM will excellent...scratch that...good shape.

It was our fight and work-rate that kept us in game.

Bruce's teams had share and organisation. Granted he also had 'not our best talents' in every position...but he made structured TEAM and made each individual play not for self...but TEAM! Unselfish...committed to TEAM football!

...Bradley had guys being self-indulgent and shape, as we would say in Jamaica, ragga-ragga. Sometimes...too often the gap between forwards and rest was wider than the Atlantic Ocean!
                              "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
                                I watched the matches...forget the results.
                                So you claim that the U.S. has gone backwards under Bradley, however we shouldn't look at the results he's achieved.

OK, makes sense.

If some one who can pick real talent (our (US that is) best your talents and inject them in the squad. ..even then Bradley will have a problem creating team and fluent play...hell the whole world saw our play was never comming out of an organised TEAM will excellent...scratch that...good shape.
                                Sorry, Karl, but I have absolutely no idea what you're trying to say in this paragraph. I honestly can't make heads or tails out of it.

Anyway, your previous talk about the U.S. and Jamaica passing each other going in different directions is pure fantasy stuff. When your team fails to qualify for the Hex in the last two consecutive cycles a more realistic goal would be simply trying to catch up to be competitive with teams like Canada, El Salvador, T&T and Panama.
                                - Xavi

Comment

Working...
                                X