US Soccer Federation Signs Bradley Through 2014 World Cup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US Soccer Federation Signs Bradley Through 2014 World Cup

BREAKING NEWS: US Soccer Federation has signed coach Bob Bradley to a contract extension through the 2014 World Cup.

http://soccer.fanhouse.com/2010/08/3...am-through-20/

Originally posted by Bruce View Post
    BREAKING NEWS: US Soccer Federation has signed coach Bob Bradley to a contract extension through the 2014 World Cup.

http://soccer.fanhouse.com/2010/08/3...am-through-20/

Good!
    Reggae Boyz should have a better chance against the Yanks!
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

BAckward move.

Comment

...'backward move' ...till the US qualify for a 5 or 6th consecutive World cup in 2014.......

Maybe they should fire Bradley and hire Tappa.
        The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Karl...please explain: "a better chance against the *yenks"

ThankX.

* twang mi a twang

HL

Comment

Originally posted by HL View Post
            Karl...please explain: "a better chance against the *yenks"
            Losing by less goals than normal?

Anyway, have Jamaica ever played against the U.S. during the Bradley era? I can't recall it happening, but I'm not 100% sure.
            "Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
            - Xavi

Comment

...'backward move' ...till the US qualify for a 5 or 6th consecutive World cup in 2014.......
              Putting things in perspective HL, if qualifying for another World Cup in all the US wants to achieve, then sure, sign Bradley until 2018. I thought they had their sights set on loftier goals. But then, talk about lowered expectations. . .
              "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

unnu stay deh. What did Erickson get Mexico? What did Capello get England?

Unnu stay deh think say no whole heap a coach a clamour for the US job. It was going to be Klingsman(who's heart is not in it at the moment), Bradley, Arena or a coach like the New England coach.

The coach reach far enough and with the experience he gained he maybe able to do better next time.
                • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

I commend US Soccer for renewing his contract and not getting caught up with unrealistic expectations. He should NOT be judged on one match in the world cup, but his entire body of work in leading the US team.
                  Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

you right. The man win the region and rap up qualifiers easy.
                    The man was second only to Brazil in the Confed Cup and lost bearly to a very good Ghana team, not to mention winning their world cup zone ahead of England.

Why pay a overpriced traveller to do a job that the man get at least a B+ for over the last 4 years?
                    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Assasin: one of the few voices of reason .............................................

Well said!

HL

Comment

Comm'on now Tilla. The US like Mexico, Argentina, Holland...even Paraguay.....etc ...have dreams of winning the World Cup.

Bradley pulled the rest of the hair from his head--after he made the bad decision of making Ricardo Clark play in that critical game. He had visions of Winning this thing. Chusssss mi Tilla.

I would never set such a low standard for MY TEAM.

(Will be in touch with you SHORTLY!).

HL

Comment

The man was second only to Brazil in the Confed Cup and lost bearly to a very good Ghana team, not to mention winning their world cup zone ahead of England.
                          There is a key in your argument above; namely when the teams have talent and are well prepared Bradley lose to them. Bradley subbed a player in the WC because the player tried to beat a man in the middle. Bradley did not question his defenders nor his much touted goalie (who got caught off his line). Oh I forgot he doesn't like to see dribbling skills, small wonder so many untalented players flock to his team. It's the first in history I see the USA embracing mediocrity. The world is certainly changing; next WC brace yourself to hear "Oh based on the group that you are in, you should be happy just to leave it" This is coming from a nation with wealth and resources unequalled on this planet. The president of the US soccer federation needs to go. I bet money if this was the NBA or even gymnastics every jack man would have to leave for new faces.

You also speak as if England was a powerhouse team.

Comment

Was Bruce Arena better in the last World Cup he coached? The answer is a resounding NO. Was Dunga better in the World Cup? The answer is NO.

While we spend our time harping on a few mistakes Bradley can learn from it and move on to be a better coach. If he doesn't like dribbler then how comes he pick Donovan, and Findley and the striker from LA over Ching?

Comment

what was the score the last few times we played the US in WC qualifying?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
                              X