Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kevin Davies eyes Jamaica call-up

More News on...

Kevin Davies may have been overlooked by England in recent years, but he could yet make his international bow... with Jamaica.
    The Bolton Wanderers captain, who helped Owen Coyle's side register their first victory of the season at West Ham United at the weekend, has found himseld on the verge of an England call-up in the past.
    However, he has yet earn to a place in the senior squad, despite reportedly coming close to being selected by Fabio Capello for the Three Lions' internationals against Slovakia and Ukraine last year.
    And with his hopes of playing for England - or Scotland - seemingly over, the 33-year-old former Chesterfield forward has revealed that there could yet be an avenue open for him to play for another country.
    “Last season I was in a couple of the bigger squads but, even when there were 10 to 12 strikers out injured, I did not get a call up,” he said.
    “So now I don’t even bother looking at the squads when they are announced.”
    Davies joked: “My half brother is Jamaican so I might try for them, I have more chance of getting into that squad than the England one!”
    “As for Scotland, they wanted to know if I had an Scottish relatives and I wasn’t too sure at the time, so I didn’t take it further.
    “I’m enjoying my football for Bolton at the moment and that is the foremost thing in my mind.”
    By Tom Eastwood

Jamie Jackson (footballer)
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Jamie Jackson

Jackson playing for York City on trial
    Personal information
    Full name Jamie Donnelly-Jackson[1]
    Date of birth 1 November 1986 (age 23)[2]
    Place of birth Sheffield, England
    Height 5 ft 7 in (1.70 m)[2]
    Playing position Striker
    Youth career
    2003–2006 Chesterfield
    Senior career*
    Years Team Apps† (Gls)†
    2006–2008 Chesterfield 20 (0)
    2007–2008 → Matlock Town (loan) ? (?)
    2008 → Gainsborough Trinity (loan) 4 (0)
    2008 → Matlock Town (loan) ? (?)
    2008–2009 Matlock Town ? (?)
    * Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 16:23, 16 October 2009 (UTC).
    † Appearances (Goals).
    Jamie Donnelly-Jackson (born 1 November 1986), more commonly known as Jamie Jackson, is an English footballer who plays as a striker, but is currently unattached after being released by Matlock Town.
    Contents [hide]
    1 Career
    2 Personal life
    3 References
    4 External links
    [edit]Career

Born in Sheffield, South Yorkshire,[3] Jackson started his career with Chesterfield after signing a three-year scholarship in 2003, before signing a two-year professional contract in April 2006.[4] He made his first team debut after coming on as a 71st minute substitute in a 3–1 defeat to Port Vale on 29 April.[5] He had loans with Matlock Town and Gainsborough Trinity, where he made four appearances during the 2007–08 season.[6] He joined Matlock permanently in August 2008.[7] He had a trial with Conference National team York City in July 2009 and played in the first-half of a 3–3 draw with Leeds United in a pre-season friendly.[8] He went on to score York's second goal in a 2–0 victory over Hartlepool United.[9] He was told to leave Matlock by manager Mark Atkins in October, who criticized Jackson's attitude and conduct after having a trial with York while still being contracted by Matlock.[10] He later had his contract cancelled by the club.[11]
    [edit]Personal life

Jackson is half brother of Bolton Wanderers striker Kevin Davies.[4][
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

He cannot qualify through a half brother. Only parents or grandparents. Seem a sif he is getting desperate. . .
      "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

He said it jokingly. He mean't he didn't think he had any chance of playing for England and even though he knew he couldn't represent Ja, it show you how much he fancies his chance in making a English team.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

I think he already knows that.

Comment

I missed the part which said he was joking.

Thanks
            "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Originally posted by Tilla View Post
              I missed the part which said he was joking.

Thanks
              statement on lettahead coming up... stay tuned
              TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

it was a joke dummies

Comment

Thank you rocket scientist.

Comment

I think u are a more advanced rocket scientist than myself as u run and a analyze and someone actually had to point out to u that it was a sarcastic statement. U have the phd inna rocket science bredda.

Comment

Working...
                    X