Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Football we a watch or

dominoes?

what's with this explosion of 6-0 scorelines in the EPL?

boring
    Peter R

big teams playing idiot teams.. also with chelki running up the core on idiat wigan then GA becomes a factor so teams wont just shout off and get 3 when they can go into overdrive and demolish teams. .. why you worried bout pool get 6 today?

Comment

Originally posted by Peter R View Post
      dominoes?

what's with this explosion of 6-0 scorelines in the EPL?

boring
      Peter, what you're seeing is the massive gulf in quality that exists due to the money-madness disparity in the prem. Chelsea and Arsenal are head and shoulders above the competition they dismissed 6-0. Newcastle's 6-0 win is more of an anomaly, reflecting a combination of an unsettled team at Villa with Newcastle's very imposing home advantage. That said, expect more scorelines like this between the top clubs and those in the lower bottom half of the table.

Liverpool's dismantling at City's hands today is another good example of how money is changing the game. If the 3-0 scoreline holds, it will be the first time that City have beaten Liverpool in 5 years and the largest scoreline that the club has lost by in some time. A comparison of the Liverpool bench to City's bench was at beat laughable.

The one exception to the money-driven gulf is Arsenal. They are the ONLY Prem club that has a long term sustainable philosophy absent a deep pocketed benefactor-owner. However, they are lucky to have a manager capable of putting out a great team week after week without big money spending. As early as year before last, Arsenal's entire starting line up against Manu was equivalent to the total capital outlay that Manu had paid for Rio and Berbatov alone, and let's not even start with talking about Chelski.

Money, unfortunately, is dictating the winners in all the top leagues in Europe.
      "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

phew! da's all..lol
        Peter R

Comment

Paul you should post more often. Make sense.. specially the part about the big side.. we have room on the wagon .. btw what happen to mexx

Comment

I thought Mexx morphed into "Me" ?? I could be wrong and mixing up people... sorry if I am. Can anyone set the record straight?
            Peter R

Comment

"post more often" - I unfortunately don't have the time.

As for your team, while I am not a fan, I have a tremendous amount of respect for your manager and the club's philosophy. It is the right blueprint. If they were to ever win the prem (under current philosophy/management) it would be a great thing for the game.

Personally, I long for the olden days when TV money was distributed evenly across all the clubs, so that we could see a second division team promoted and challenge for the title like it used to be long time. I think the last time that happened was when Derby got promoted in the mid 70's and went on to win it the next year or so.

Unfortunately, fair and equitable money distribution only happens nowadays in fantasy leagues.
              "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Working...
              X