Obrien Whire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obrien Whire

Sass, how is this youth handling the MLS? Is he playing well and scoring a lot of goals? I ask because I have not been following the MLS much.

Seems as if Lovel Palmer is doing well with Houston. He is holding down his starting position in the team and even scoring from time to time. Last night he scored the second goal for Houston. I did not see the match but saw the stats.
    "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

I think he needs to move from Toronto. He is doing ok but not getting enough playing time. Toronto have a good amount of money and instead of settling down with the players they always get another player from overseeas and don't really groom for development.

Although playing a few good part of games he still is been used mostly as a sub. He needs one of those teams which have no choice but to play their youngsters like Colorado, Houston, Dallas etc. He started yesterday and got an assist in 60 minutes.

If I was him I would ask for a trade. Yeah Lovell doing well and the youth at Columbus not doing bad either. Overall Jamaicans in the league playing very good. Many people thought with big names going to the metrod Dane would sit or ship out but he is proving his worth.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

In his game yesterday he was decent. Didn't really look at the level of our other MLS/A-league options at forward (Cummings, Addlery, Ryan Johnson).

Comment

I see him a lot. .He is getting minutes but not scoring much. I dont know where he sit with the coach as at times he plays alot other times he comes off the bench.. I think he miss a few against the Red Bulls on Sathurday but he is running hard he should be looked at.

Comment

I never thought Toronto would be the best place for him. they are centered around DRo, Guzman and Barrett and are forced to making playoffs or players get traded and coach get fired.

Some smaller teams would have helped him. Look at Barnaby.
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

saw O'Brien play again last night.. don't look right.. week and frail.

Comment

i saw a little too and was wondering. He passes well but ....

Comment

He has not yet regained the swagger he had pre-injury. He lost that confidence during his rehab and...just maybe... he is thinking too much about the injury each time he steps onto the pitch. I watched him play while in college and the way he plays now seems timid.
                "The contribution of forumites and others who visit shouldn’t be discounted, and offending people shouldn’t be the first thing on our minds. Most of us are educated and can do better." Mi bredrin Sass Jan. 29,2011

Comment

I have seen some good moments but last two games nothing to speak of. Mind you he lacks services last night. But agreed he is not playing like a confident player at the moment. But still if you can call Dane Richards you can call him.

Comment

Dane Richards has speed and that will always give teams problems, especially when he comes on off the bench.

Comment

yeah Dane can be a damage for some defense. I think if Obrien get in the right team he will get back his confidence. If you can put him with Ryan Johnson, Adderly, Omar Cumming who play similar style ball he will be back to normal very quickly.

Comment

Working...
                      X