Selecting players for the national teams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Selecting players for the national teams

We all believe we know how to select 'out-players' with potential to play at the TOP OF THE WORLD.

So many of our selections have left Jamaica's shores to play in professional environments...yet, where are our TOP OF THE WORLD players?

Are we looking for the 'wrong thing'/attributes? Are we novices to what it takes to 'make' a TOP OF THE WORLD 'out-player'?

So far only a precious fewof our players have looked as if they belong whenplayingagainst TOP OF THE WORLD players - Lindy Delaphena, Allan "Skill" Cole and Theodore "Tappa" Whitmore at the senior level and Keith Kelly at theage-group level. Where are our other picks?

NB: I picked a TEAM Lowe to make it! He did not become sufficiently TEAM orientated & thus did make it!...and, BIBI at times (...and, here lies his problem) looked as if he belonged.
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

RE: Selecting players for the national teams

Oh...yuh dun kno my idea of ideal team is 11 + reserves with speed across ground, quick reaction time...TOP CLASS technique...each man ( ...including goalkeepers - Was"Wild Boy" our best ever alroundgoalkeeper? Good in goal! Good sweeper & comfortable with the ball at his feet or on his head? I think so!) -TOP ATTACKER & TOP DEFENDER...TOP CLASS passer & thus scorer of goals (i.e. great at passing ball into goal)...all rotating positions at will during games...formations are immaterial.

...and, that is what my eye looks for in selecting players for my beloved REGGAE BOYZ. Hey if you cannot get what you want...then...you must take the next best!

mmmmm? World Cup 2010...those best suited to fit such TEAM REGGAE BOYZ...make excellentTEAM REGGAE BOYZ...a TEAM to create waves?
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Working...
    X