X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whitmore: I looked up to Latapy.

Whitmore: I looked up to Latapy.
    T&T Express Reports.

Jamaica head coach Theodore Whitmore says he's relishing the chance to come up against long-time rival on the field of play, Russell Latapy, when both men clash for the first at the helm of their respective nations in today's friendly international at the Marvin Lee Stadium, Macoya.

Both men embraced each other as the Jamaicans arrived at the match venue for yesterday's training session following T&T's 75-minute stay on the pitch.

Both Latapy and Whitmore are widely regarded as two of the most accomplished footballers from the region on the international stage.

"Jamaica-Trinidad is always a very key and interesting clash. We both have young teams and we obviously want to enjoy a good match with a friendly spirit," Whitmore told Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (TTFF) media officer Shaun Fuentes.

"Basically we are rebuilding for 2014, just like Trinidad, so the aim is to play as much games as possible. A couple of our other goalkeepers are out injured, but (Donovon) Ricketts is experienced and still has a lot to offer," he added, referring to the call up of the LA Galaxy custodian.

When asked about the match up against Latapy, the 1998 World Cup double goalscorer added:

"Russell as a player used to be one of the players I used to look up to in the Caribbean and I don't know how to describe it now...that the time is here when we are both standing as coach of each other's countries. I'm very elated about this and looking forward to it," Whitmore concluded.

Latapy put his players through their paces in a relatively light session yesterday, finishing up as the rains came in time for Jamaica's turn on the pitch.

Both teams are preparing for the upcoming 2010 Digicel Caribbean Cup, of which the "Reggae Boyz" are the title-holders.

Gates will open at 3 p.m. today and tickets will be on sale at the venue at $40 adults and $20 for children. T&T's Under-17 Women's team will meet their senior counterparts at 4 p.m.

Until he scored 2 World Cup goals. Latapy now looks up to him!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
      Until he scored 2 World Cup goals. Latapy now looks up to the bottom of his boots!
      ***fixed***

Comment

heh heh!

(for a minute i was like, huh?!?)

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
          Until he scored 2 World Cup goals. Latapy now looks up to him!
          yuh ave di Likkle Magician an di Big Magician....who fo look up to who?
          TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Good to see that both respected each other. A nuff yaad balla wish dem name coulda call inna the same sentence wid Latapy.
            "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

well di shortah man haffi look up to di talla man...suh...

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Dat nuh easy him didah work long before, dem exploits put dem inna di said company yah now dough

Comment

A no just Whitmore, a whole heap of JA balla dem look up to latapy!

Comment

Latapy is a Don....and yes Tappa does hv 2 Wcup goals...but Lattas is a beauty to watch...most of the time....Tappa has had good days and bad ones...2 of my favourite Caribbean palyers.

Comment

Lattas play like Maestro den!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Ma who???No Mo...your player didn't have the finesse, fluidity, first touch, change of pace, peripheriphal vision and precision passing and poetic balance that we are talking about here....
                        Where is he now anyways? Has he retired or has been retired?

Comment

You want too compare Bronx king/mls reject to man who nuh lose nuh ball nuh time. stop di drinking.

Comment

Yes and no!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Keep dreaming. Latapy play like a baller far superior to the little left foot Bronx king.

Comment

Working...
                              X