Clear All

• George Evans resign as St JFA boss

Mr. Bruce Gaynor
    General Secretary
    St. James Football Association
    C/O MBCC
    Montego Bay.

Dear Mr. Gaynor,

It is with sincere regret that after much soul searching and deliberations, I have made the decision to immediately resign as the President of the St. James Football Association.

Recent events have combined to make my position within the board very difficult to remain, as well as to compromise the integrity and office of the office of the St. James Football Association, which now makes my position untenable.

With regret the manner in which we have handled ourselves has left much to be desired, combined with long established protocol and procedures, and with that, it has made the board a laughing stock.

As the President and one who believes in accountability, and repercussions for actions, I am therefore willing to accept full responsibility and make the honourable decision, that is, to step down.

It therefore leaves me to wish you and the board members every continued success in your endeavours.

Yours Sincerely,

George Evans.
    Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
    Che Guevara.

Wah appen?
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

him RESIGN!!!! yuh nuh si?!!!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Bruised Gelding can learn a ting or two from dis man.

As the Prime Minister and one who believes in accountability, and repercussions for actions, I am therefore willing to accept full responsibility and make the honourable decision, that is, to step down.
        sigh

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Evans quits as St James FA boss
          BY PAUL A REID Observer writer reidp@jamaicaoberver.com
          Wednesday, August 11, 2010

MONTEGO BAY, St James — Citing what he described as a breach of procedures and protocol that has left the board "a laughing stock", George Evans yesterday handed in his resignation as president of the St James Football Association, with immediate effect.
          Evans, who took over from Orville Powell when the latter resigned suddenly in April 2009, tendered his resignation via an email, which was copied to the media, saying recent actions have made his position on the FA "untenable".

EVANS... recent events make it difficult to remain

EVANS... recent events make it difficult to remain

1/1

General secretary Bruce Gaynor, however, yesterday told the Observer he would be recommending to the board at an emergency meeting later this week that they not accept Evans' resignation.
          Gaynor, who is also the second vice-president of the Jamaica Football Federation (JFF), said David Watt, the second vice-president who would be next in line, was out of town on business, but a meeting would be held as soon as possible to discuss Evans' decision.
          Evans, who is in England on holidays, did not say what incidents he was referring to in his letter. However, it is felt a letter over the signature of Gaynor to the JFF last week, that said despite handing down a five-year ban and $25,000 fine on former national goalkeeper Warren Barrett, they would not stand in his way of being reinstated to the post of national goalkeeping coach, could have influenced Evans' decision.
          Barrett, who was found guilty by the St James FA for assaulting a referee during a Western Masters League semi-final game on July 25, was reinstated by the JFF on the recommendation of the letter after he was suspended days after the incident at Jarrett Park.
          Reports coming out of the Disciplinary Committee meeting, however, are that the meeting
          never made any recommendations as to Barrett's status with the national programme.
          In fact, according to sources, the minutes of the meeting showed that a decision had been taken not to get involved in that aspect of the matter.
          Evans, who is credited with the strong sponsorship of the St James FA competitions, said in his letter, "Recent events have combined to make my position within the board very difficult to remain, as well as to compromise the integrity and office of the St James Football Association, which now makes my position untenable.
          "With regret, the manner in which we have handled ourselves has left much to be desired, combined with long established protocol and procedures, and with that, it has made the board a laughing stock.
          "As the President and one who believes in accountability, and repercussions for actions, I am therefore, willing to accept full responsibility and make the honourable decision, that is, to step down."
          Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
          Che Guevara.

Comment

He did say he had tendered his resignation but his party/MPs/Senators did not accept it
            Che Guevara.

Comment

true. dem more brucegoldious dan Bruce himself!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
              X