What a game!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What a game!

Non-stop box-to-box game between NYRB and Chicago Fire. Rafa Marquez debuted for NY and played little ove 60 minutes. TH14 played some attractive ball but was subbed out in the 44th minute with a slight thigh injury. Red Bulls had more shots on goal than the Fire but Sean Johnson was outstanding in goal and made some game-saving stops.

This youth should be called to be among our top-three goalies. He is simply that good! Hope Tappa taking notice but then again knowing the insular view of some people I would not be surprised if Sean Johnson is overlooked.
    "The contribution of forumites and others who visit shouldn’t be discounted, and offending people shouldn’t be the first thing on our minds. Most of us are educated and can do better." Mi bredrin Sass Jan. 29,2011

Insular view of which people? Damani Ralph, Ryan Johnson, Omar Cummings, Tyrone Marshall, Dane Richards (even when him wasn't on form) have all played their way into Jamaica's team from the MLS. Even Jeff Cunningham get call.

Once Johnson keeps performing he will be noticed. The people who get lost are the ones who end up in the A-league. Deroux, Woodbine, Bernard, Addlery etc.

If you add all the man dem who supposedly "getting fight" into the squad, we would have 50 man on the field every game.

Comment

so them nuh deserve not even a look inna a trinidad game?
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Who is them?

Comment

Most of those players have essentially been groomed in Jamaica and have somewhat made a name there before coming to the USA. Ryan Johnson was born in Jamaica although he grew up in the USA. We came very close to losing Tyrone Marshall because we waited for a very long time before calling him.

Last week when I brought up the topic of Sean Johnson playing for the ReggaeBoyz, at least one (or two) people felt that we didn't need him and actually said "can yall frigoff" with the argument about bringing in "fake Jamaicans." A Pathetic and insular view, considering that our pool of players is meagre. So Mr Me, we are not talking about players who were born in Jamaica and played some school-boy football there, we are refering to Jamaican players who were born and bred in the American system. At least, they should be invited to camp where the coaching staff can have a comprehensive view of their abilities.
          "The contribution of forumites and others who visit shouldn’t be discounted, and offending people shouldn’t be the first thing on our minds. Most of us are educated and can do better." Mi bredrin Sass Jan. 29,2011

Comment

Originally posted by Farmah View Post
            Most of those players have essentially been groomed in Jamaica and have somewhat made a name there before coming to the USA. Ryan Johnson was born in Jamaica although he grew up in the USA. We came very close to losing Tyrone Marshall because we waited for a very long time before calling him.

Last week when I brought up the topic of Sean Johnson playing for the ReggaeBoyz, at least one (or two) people felt that we didn't need him and actually said "can yall frigoff" with the argument about bringing in "fake Jamaicans." A Pathetic and insular view, considering that our pool of players is meagre. So Mr Me, we are not talking about players who were born in Jamaica and played some school-boy football there, we are refering to Jamaican players who were born and bred in the American system. At least, they should be invited to camp where the coaching staff can have a comprehensive view of their abilities.

Aaron McHardy got into Jamaica's setup and he didn't deserve to be anywhere near that squad.
            There was no need to call Tyrone before we did because when he was a forward in the MLS, he didn't do anything much.
            Ryan Johnson had no name in Jamaica at all before being called to the youth team

As for Lionpaw's view, that has no impact on anything. He is not a part of the selection process for the National team.

If the breddah continue to perform well, he will probably get called.

Mi more concerned about the players who will get lost in the world of A-league. All when them perform, nobody seeing it.

Comment

Okay!

Comment

Working...
              X