Start counting the titles this season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Start counting the titles this season

Man united took the Charity Shield today and no even said a word, that last goal was classic and came on the end of 19 passes...sweeet
    Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
    Che Guevara.

Bredrin, for a man in the news biz, you should know that is not news. If the sun rises every day, does your paper print that the sun rises every day? Heck no. That is what is expected as the norm in the tropics. If it rains, well that is news. Man U did what EPL fans know Man U does. If Chelsea had won, that would be news. Right Tilla? My bredrin Sickko, Man U has had to deal with lots of impostors over the years. Some of them are not even in the EPL anymore. Some will have dalliances with the number one or two spot. More often than not, they finish 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, etc. Now that you are back, please give me a ring. I cant believe you dont know that CC and Falmouth man have big things in TO during Caribana and independence time.
    "Jah Jah see dem a come, but I & I a Conqueror!"

Comment

Star, it Maike Harriot me see at Jambana who told me about the Falmouth Thing...cant belive me miss all dat, but trust me next year pon me ears...
      Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
      Che Guevara.

Comment

OK, well I guess congrats are in order. I do not see the Charity Shield as anything though, although I was hoping Chelsea would have won.

The Charity Shield is like the preseason game played each year between the Kansas City Chiefs and the St Louis Rams. The two teams in the state Missouri use this game to measure their readiness for the real competition. They even have a shield for the game as well, I just cannot remember the name now.

My take is that the real competition involves all the teams in the league. That said, the Charity Shield nevertheless is another piece of silverware that one of the two teams can use for bragging rights, albeit however little significance it is in the real scheme of things.

Seems as if Javier Hernandez is a good player though and Valencia seems to be coming into his own. Good luck next weekend when the real deal starts. You can expect my comments then and you won't have to draw it our of me.

Tilla
        "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

I'll wait with baited breath on your posts. Don't mek we haffi wait pon dem during the season.
          Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

It may just be another bit is data in a sea of data but the last three winners of the Community Charity Shield went on to win the EPL..
            Che Guevara.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickko View Post
              It may just be another bit is data in a sea of data but the last three winners of the Community Charity Shield went on to win the EPL..
              I know how the data thing guh! I can remember Rockman was saying Chelsea could not win as the average age of the team was higher than ManU's. Well, the results dispel that notion. We will see Mr Sickko.
              "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Working...
              X