Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lockhart stadium in Fort Lauderdale and JFF

I am hoping Burrell could organized a game there , it holds 20,000 ppl
    and is in the heart of the ja'can community in fort lauderdale florida and it's own by the city of FT Lau...
    so it should be cheap to rent .

20 USD per ticket and a full stadium would Gross 400,000 USD .

here are a list of teams that can cork that stadium ...

JAm v...

Bolton Wanderers epl team ...
    Colombia
    Chelsea
    Brazil
    Holland
    Spain

lets look @ it

Stadium Fee $7500 USD
    Marketing $ 7500
    Match fee (negotiable if we get Bolton wanderers or Chelsea , Non !)
    Other Expensive $ 7000 )
    Total cost 22,000

My best bet would be Bolton Wanderers since BIBI is due for a testimonial
    game . if we can keep it at lockhart stadium JFF can make something .
    Jamaica you mite get a Petroleum well with
    United Oil by 1.31.26;You also has a NNPC option with the Abuja accord from 2022.What
    happens then I don't know.A Petrol Well is
    Probably forthcoming...

The Price Went Up

I think the match fee for Brazil, Holland, and Spain went up dramatically.

Colombia would be a good choice. I was very impressed by the large turnouts of Colombians when I saw Jamaica play in Miami

Two other choices might be Haiti and El Salvador. Their asking price would be cheaper, and they have a large presence in South Florida.

When I was in Columbus last year for the Gold Cup, about half the crowd of 10,000 people were Salvadorans.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce View Post
      I think the match fee for Brazil, Holland, and Spain went up dramatically.

Colombia would be a good choice. I was very impressed by the large turnouts of Colombians when I saw Jamaica play in Miami

Two other choices might be Haiti and El Salvador. Their asking price would be cheaper, and they have a large presence in South Florida.

When I was in Columbus last year for the Gold Cup, about half the crowd of 10,000 people were Salvadorans.

u r correct with match fees for spain ,holland ,brazil because spain & holland were world cup '10 finalist and brazil will host wc '14 but if the
      jff could have a deal with any of those federations for the game to be
      a gesture of good will , they may not charge a match fee especially if
      a portion goes to charity . I included chelsea & Bolton wanderers epl
      teams on the list because if fifa continues with the intercontinental
      playoff in Nov..2013 jamaica need to program around it like what Bahrain
      did for 2010 Qualifiers when they hosted stoke city one summer . I had
      a chat with jack warner and he said FIFA have not decided on the intercontinental fixture for 2013 , if continue ! based on it rotated
      in 06' & '10 it may rotate again for a Concacaf v OFC , and it would
      be best if jamaica program around it . The best time for such a game
      is in May(MONTH) of 2011 , we'll know the Intercontinental fixture for
      2014 & Gold Cup 2011 fixture and have the choice to prepare for either one .

haiti would be good but only if they qualify for GC .
      Last edited by wbvs; July 31, 2010, 01:29 PM.
      United Oil by 1.31.26;You also has a NNPC option with the Abuja accord from 2022.What
      Probably forthcoming...

Comment

Another option would to convince a B-list Euro nation where it gets cold in winter (Switzerland, Sweden, Denmark, Belgium, Ireland, Scotland) to take a "working vacation" in Florida or Jamaica which would include a game.

JFF could team up with Jack "Five Finger Discount" Warner to offer a two-game package, one in Jamaica or Florida, the other in TT.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce View Post

JFF could team up with Jack "Five Finger Discount" Warner to offer a two-game package, one in Jamaica or Florida, the other in TT.

jack warner is now an adviser to jff as well as ttff .
          Probably forthcoming...

Comment

Jamaica vs Peru

30 dollas a ticket mi hear seh both teams have agreed to use their A Team , should be a good game .
            Probably forthcoming...

Comment

The A list teams might cost too much...but what if you tell Brazil, Netherlands, Italy etc that this could be a warm up game for their young Olympic team....

Comment

Originally posted by Culture Sound View Post
                The A list teams might cost too much...but what if you tell Brazil, Netherlands, Italy etc that this could be a warm up game for their young Olympic team....
                culture mi an bruce deh a seh, which team would cork lockhart stadium
                in ft lauderdale florida around 3 weeks ago . Then 2 weeks after wi hear
                bout di game wid peru . u dun know lockhart stadium is in di heart
                of the jamaican community in south florida and in miami there is also a
                peruvian community , I heard sales is going well and the game is heading
                for a sold out . I hope all works out well for both teams , and promoters .
                Probably forthcoming...

Comment

is grass or plastic

Comment

Originally posted by OJ View Post
                    is grass or plastic

its a good question and I hope someone else can answer . It just hurts mi
                    becau have always wanted to tek in a game @ that stadium , but cannot
                    go out to support the team because its a week day . suh ie guh , maybe
                    next time .
                    Probably forthcoming...

Comment

Working...
                    X