Cesc Fabregas torn over future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cesc Fabregas torn over future

Arsenal captain Cesc Fabregas admits he is torn over his future with Barcelona eager to bring him back to the Catalan giants.
    The Spain international left Camp Nou as a teenager to join the Gunners fearing he would be unable to break the club's talented first team.
    Fabregas has grown and developed with the north Londoners into one of the world's best midfielders, prompting Barca's interest.
    The 23-year-old admits he is a Catalan at heart but that his commitment to Arsenal is not something he can simply disregard.
    "I'm a Barca fan, I'm a socio, as is my grandfather, my uncle, my cousin... I have felt the colours from a young age, I'm Catalan," he told magazine DIR Emotions.
    Matured

"However, I'm the captain of Arsenal, I'm a 'Gunner', and I have become a player there and matured as a person."
    During that time, Fabregas has grown up under the tutelage of Arsene Wenger and he admits to a strong bond with his French boss.
    "He is a second father for me, the most important person in my life after my father. He has behaved really well with me and taken me in like a son. I am part of his family," he said.
    "He doesn't want me to leave. And in my last conversation with him in London, it was one of the most difficult moments I have experienced. I ended up very upset."

...and he grew to become the provider of the pass...the ball...that resulted in a FIFA World Cup trophy!
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
      ...and he grew to become the provider of the pass...the ball...that resulted in a FIFA World Cup trophy!
      u forgot to put TEAM in ur post as u always do(even if u a chat bout politics). u slippin boss.

Comment

yow 'paw .... a whey di #*$&%^@!!! duh yuh?! wi tink seh di man finally recovering an it look like yuh out fi mek him have a relapse!! CHO!!!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Arsene Wenger insists Arsenal's position regarding Cesc Fabregas' future remains unchanged and says the club will not complain about Barcelona's behaviour.
          Barcelona have spent the summer trying to persuade Arsenal to sell their captain, who has suggested he would be keen to return to Camp Nou.
          The Gunners have rejected one offer for the midfielder, but have also been forced to contend with several Barca players claiming Fabregas wants to join the Primera Liga champions.
          Wenger wants to keep Fabregas as a lynchpin of his team and believes the World Cup winner can play an important part in Arsenal's ambitions this season.
          "I have always said that Cesc Fabregas will be our captain next year and that we want to keep him," said Wenger on Sky Sports News.
          "And, despite all the speculation from last season and the whole summer, nothing has changed."
          Respect

Regarding whether Arsenal would make a formal complaint about Barcelona's pursuit of the Spain international, Wenger commented: "I would say that I believe that Arsenal deserves respect.
          "If the players make some statements and jokes, we can do exactly the same, but I believe we have to live with that and we do not have to complain too much.
          "I believe it's important that we focus on the targets we have together. There's a very good attitude and spirit inside the squad and Cesc Fabregas can help us to achieve our targets.
          "He's now at an age, 23 years old, he's just won the World Cup and I believe he will gain next season. The biggest achievement for him is to help us win the championship."

Comment

Spain international Cesc Fabregas has confirmed he is staying with Arsenal for the new Premier League season.
            The talented 23-year-old has been heavily linked with Barcelona this summer and he has admitted that two formal offers were tabled for his services.
            The Gunners rejected Barca's moves and never changed their position throughout the summer, stating consistently that he was not for sale.
            While Fabregas admits he was seriously tempted to rejoin the Catalan giants, he is now fully focused on performing for Arsenal.
            He has been with the club since he was 16 after leaving Camp Nou and appreciates everything they have done for him over the years.
            Apologise

"Firstly I would like to apologise to all the Arsenal fans for not speaking sooner about my future but I have not known what I was going to do until this moment," told Sky Sports News.
            "I cannot deny that joining a club like Barcelona was not an attractive move for me. This was the club where I learnt my football, it is my home town where my friends and family are and a club where I have always dreamed of playing. There are not many players in the world who would not want to play for Barcelona.
            "I have had many conversations with Arsene Wenger both in person and over the phone over the last few months and although the content of those conversations will remain private, the conclusion is that Barcelona have had two formal offers rejected by Arsenal.
            "I am a professional and I fully understand that it is Arsenal's prerogative not to sell me.
            "I owe a lot to the club, manager and the fans and I will respect their decision and will now concentrate on the new season ahead with Arsenal.
            "I can assure all the fans that now the negotiations have ended I will be 100 per cent focused on playing for Arsenal.
            "I am an Arsenal player and as soon as I step out on to the pitch, that is the only club I will be thinking about.
            "I am looking forward to the start of the season and putting this speculation behind me."

Comment

now we move on...there are titles to be won!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Working...
              X