Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manchester City eying Donovan

Mancini eyes Donovan move

Sky Sports News understands Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini is trying to seal a move for Landon Donovan.

The 28-year-old United States attacker spent a period on loan at Everton last season, and proved a real hit in the Premier League.

He is still contracted to Major League Soccer outfit Los Angeles Galaxy, but City are now thought to be interested in his signature.

(continue)
    "Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
    - Xavi

Him would be a fool and money grabbing player to go to Man City.

How many midfielders Man City currently have?

<LI sizcache="6" sizset="2">Midfielders

Abdisalam Ibrahim (NOR)
    Adam Johnson (ENG)
    David Silva (ESP)
    Gareth Barry (ENG)
    Patrick Vieira (FRA)
    Yaya Toure (CIV)
    Nigel de Jong (NED)
    Kelvin Etuhu * (NGR)
    Stephen Ireland (IRL)
    Michael Johnson (ENG)
    Vincent Kompany (BEL)
    Vladimir Weiss* (SVK)
    Shaun Wright-Phillips (ENG)
    and they are on the verge of getting Milner.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Don't worry him wife nah give him permission to go...

Comment

oh..i thought it was ricketts...this is a reggae boyz forum o you can forgive me

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Why dem a sign him? After nuttin nuh wrong with the Ball Boy dem wha City have now.

Comment

Originally posted by Lionpaw View Post
            Why dem a sign him? After nuttin nuh wrong with the Ball Boy dem wha City have now.
            Stop disrespecting the man Paw. Donovan is a decent player.

I am not sure he would shine in the Manchester City environment however. I see him making an impact more with teams like Everton etc.

With all the players City is acquiring, you have to wonder how they are going to play all of them to keep them happy. The next thing is about having them gel to form a team. I am sure Mancini will find out that having the best players together does not necessarily give you the best team and the trophies to go with it.

That said, I would advise Donovan to pass on City. If Everton comes calling or a team like Aston Villa, I would say go for it. It would be kind of difficult to turn down City however with all the money they are splashing around. See where they are maying Yaya Toure 200,000 pounds per week making him the highest paid player in the EPL. Not many people can turn their backs on those types of money.
            "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Working...
            X