Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who should be the winner? The 3 finalists

for African footballer of the year are?
    1. <LI>Drogba (Chelsea)</LI><LI>Eto'o (Barcelona)</LI><LI>Essien (Chelsea)</LI>

My vote goes to Eto'o. If not him, then who? Ronaldindo and Henrynuh qualify.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

RE: Who should be the winner? The 3 finalists

1. Drogba

2. Essien

3. Nobody else no deh bout?
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Slap yuhself Jangle!!! How yuh fi diss the King of Africa?

"Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

No don't get me wrong Mr. Pres. Mi know seh Eto a dads, but I just want to know about the other African ballers who actually went to the WC.
        Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

2006 it goes to eto.. Toure should be on that list. he had a magnificent 06 marshalling the wickedest side in the world backline..

Comment

Lazie (1/2/2007)for African footballer of the year are?
            1. <LI>Drogba (Chelsea)</LI><LI>Eto'o (Barcelona)</LI><LI>Essien (Chelsea)</LI>

My vote goes to Eto'o. If not him, then who? Ronaldindo and Henrynuh qualify.
            Wow...this is a tough one to rhatid. I abstain. - T.K.
            No need to thank me forumites.

Comment

essien for me

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

How come there is no uproar about the lack of Egyptian players in the list. Wha yuh say Shatta? Dem nuh black! Figured.

I would love to see Jamaica be winners of the Caribbean cup and not one Jamaican be nominated for Caribbean footballer of the year.

Sir Gamma! Why should Essien win it? Yuh figet who name Eto'o?

Comment

Toure? OJ, what yuh drinking? Toure couldn't even win Arsenal footballer of the year ... much less.

Comment

That's because a lot of people see Egypt as the Middle East and forget that they are a part of Africa.

Anyway I think out of the 3, Drogba should win it because he went to the WC and did well....IN ADDITION to the fact that he won the EPL title and had a phenomenal 2006. He finished the year the strongest.

My second vote goes for Essien because he had a phenomenal WC which opened a lot of eyes. He also displayed his versatility on the field. However, his year at club level was not as strong as Drogba.

In last place for me is Eto. That's only because I did not get to see how he would perform on the world stage. He is by far one of the best strikers in the world...at club level,(Clap) but his injury cut short his performance last year.

Over to you sir.

Comment

Jangle (1/3/2007)That's because a lot of people see Egypt as the Middle East and forget that they are a part of Africa.

Anyway I think out of the 3, Drogba should win it because he went to the WC and did well....IN ADDITION to the fact that he won the EPL title and had a phenomenal 2006. He finished the year the strongest.

My second vote goes for Essien because he had a phenomenal WC which opened a lot of eyes. He also displayed his versatility on the field. However, his year at club level was not as strong as Drogba.

In last place for me is Eto. That's only because I did not get to see how he would perform on the world stage. He is by far one of the best strikers in the world...at club level,(Clap) but his injury cut short his performance last year.

Over to you sir.
                      I had to pinch myself to ensure I was still awake. How you come to the conclusion that Dropba did well at the World Cup? Because he scored 1 goal? Yuh nuh serious?

Lazie affi keep it real. Which player scored the most goals last season? Dropba? (N) Essien? (N) Eto'o? (Clap)

Which player won La Liga topping the scoring charts? Which player scored in the final of the Champions League?

Hol on!!!! When all 3 met in the CL last season ... whose team came out on top? Who scored in one of the games?

Comment

ef mi figget who name eto'o? essien had a good club season and a pretty good world cup...perhaps on that ghania team only apiah or muntari had a better world cup.

as for egypt hassan hossam has won it at least 3 times already!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Gamma (1/3/2007)ef mi figget who name eto'o? essien had a good club season and a pretty good world cup...perhaps on that ghania team only apiah or muntari had a better world cup.

as for egypt hassan hossam has won it at least 3 times already!
                          Suh because him win it 3 times mean him mustn't mek the list? How much time Eto'o won it? Anyway, people keep referring to world cup .... Eto'o won the Champions League people .... scoring in the finals. Am I the only one that remembers that?

Comment

whoa nelly!! first of all does he deserve to be on the list..secondly and more importantly i mentioned him to dismiss the fallacy that egyptians aren't considered.

essien because i was taking a more holistic approach of a consistent performer for club and having made it to the world cup performed very well. eto'o would be second and would no doubt take it if he had the chance to perform at the world cup as he would have excelled.

how about florent malouda? does he qualify as african?

Comment

Its not a fallacy my friend. Egypt won the African Nations Cup, yet not one nominee? Something ain't right(N) Right Shatta? No forget it .... you only see things based on race.

Why would Malouda be there, isn't he French? If thats the case .... shouldn't Zidane be there?

Samuel Eto is the best African player. Essien just start prove himself. Maybe next year him may win ... but this belongs to Eto.

Comment

Working...
                              X