Man City wants to sign Drogba

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man City wants to sign Drogba

At this rate, they will not have anyone to play against them when the season starts. I am wondering how Mancini is going to handle all those egos at the club? He is really putting together a galaxy of stars, but can they all gel into a good team?

----------------------------------------------------------------
    Manchester City are trying to sign Didier Drogba, says player's agent

• City keen on signing Chelsea player, says striker's agent
    • 'At his age I can no longer hide the financial aspect'

Chelsea's Didier Drogba could be heading to Manchester City according to his agent. Photograph: Mike Egerton/EMPICS Sport

Manchester City are trying to sign Didier Drogba from Chelsea, according to the Ivory Coast striker's agent.

"Today he's at Chelsea. Maybe there will be surprises before August 31," Thierno Seydi was quoted by the Sun as telling Radio Monte Carlo. "I haven't spoken to just anybody. The only contact I've had directly was with City."

Roberto Mancini, the City manager, wants a striker and has run into difficulties with Wolfsburg over the valuation of Edin Dzeko.

Seydi added of the 32-year-old Drogba: "At his age I can no longer hide the financial aspect. The club that want Didier will have to meet the price."
    Chelsea's manager, Carlo Ancelotti, indicated last weekend that Drogba would be staying at the club.
    "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran
Working...
X