No announcement yet.

Final US TV ratings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is a sport that they like to play...not watch...I tried going to DC United games but they are just plain dull and boring...ESPN spends tons of money to broadcast games yet EVERY host on other ESPN shows tears the sport to shreds...counterproductive if you ask me...every 10 years the same claims are made in regard to football in the US...how can you watch Champions League/World Cup/EPL then sit down to watch an MLS game? Take a look at the TV ratings for games not involving the US and you will see that the largest viewers were in markets with large immigrant populations...on another note the largest viewership came from cities WITHOUT MLS teams...
    Last edited by Bricktop; July 18, 2010, 12:04 PM.

Comment

I know you are not suggesting baseball is not boring most of the time. The fact is check the number, it is growing on the field and in the stands. The MLS is the only major sport where I can take my kids and pay under 50 dollars. While the standard may not be that of the top European teams it is growing. Not every EPL game is good either and a lot of the promotion is done by UK media as well. As you see their product is not as great as they want it to be.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

I would prefer to watch a penant race than an MLS game. Keep in mind 300,000 viewers are the most to watch an EPL game in the US...12 million watched the pathetic MLB All Star game...it's not about football it's about America...and this "soccer" thing is ridiculous...how dem fi love the game and call it something else?

Comment

Well I could counter that 19 million watch the US/Ghana game. You would watch a penant game but a ridiculous amount of people will also watch a practice squad Manu play Red Bulls.

All the stats tell you younger Americans are tuning in to the game in record numbers. ESPN realise that that now they can market the worldcup as a 1 month superbowl. You seen the quality ads they had on show?
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Assassin...the Champions League final drew a 1.1 rating in the US...that is indicative of US interest in football...

Comment

what time is it played? No sport playing 2 o clock in the day will get the rating it deserve. A bet if it was played 6 O clock the ratings would be different. Some LA games may get better rating just because it play late.

Comment

Originally posted by Bricktop View Post
                and this "soccer" thing is ridiculous...how dem fi love the game and call it something else?
                And by moaning about this you sound like the American dinosaurs who say that it's a foreign sissy game that will never catch on, etc.

In other words, it's a tired old argument.

The game will never be called "football" in the USA. Get over it.
                "Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
                - Xavi

Comment

Originally posted by Zeppo View Post
                  And by moaning about this you sound like the American dinosaurs who say that it's a foreign sissy game that will never catch on, etc.

In other words, it's a tired old argument.

The game will never be called "football" in the USA. Get over it.
                  Moaning about what? You idiots trying to change the game? I will never stop moaning about American fools

Comment

Working...
                  X