RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Diego Maradona reacts to a new deal with the AFA.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diego Maradona reacts to a new deal with the AFA.

"Puta!!!"

Argentina to offer Diego Maradona new four-year deal

Diego Maradona will be offered a new deal that would keep him in charge of Argentina through to the summer of 2014 - when Brazil stages the World Cup. He led Argentina to the 2010 World Cup quarter-finals in South Africa and the contract would mean he would be still be coach if they qualify next time.
    The Argentine Football Association president Julio Grondona will meet the 49-year-old next week.
    Maradona had hinted he would quit after the 4-0 last-eight defeat by Germany.
    Grondona intends to have talks with Argentina's former World Cup-winning captain no later than Wednesday of next week to discuss extending his contract.
    Despite leading Argentina to victory at the 1986 finals in Mexico as a player, Maradona was a controversial appointment as coach in 2008.

Maverick Maradona's sideline exploits

He had little coaching experience and had endured a host of personal problems following his retirement.
    However, Maradona guided Argentina to the recent World Cup finals after a late winning goal in their final qualification match against Uruguay.
    In South Africa, Argentina looked like convincing contenders for the trophy, comfortably winning their first three group matches and their last-16 clash with Mexico.
    But the well-organised German outfit negated Argentina's array of attacking talent, including Barcelona star Lionel Messi, Real Madrid striker Gonzalo Higuain and Manchester City's Carlos Tevez, before ruthlessly highlighting the defensive frailties of Maradona's side.
    "I may leave tomorrow," was Maradona's immediate response to the exit from the tournament.
    But he added: "We will see what happens. I haven't thought about leaving. I have to check that with my family and the players and there are things I have to consider."
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

questions to the soccer massive. What mistakes did DM make

Comment

Originally posted by OJ View Post
      Other than taking the job? He didn't have a plan.
      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Originally posted by OJ View Post
        I think his worst mistake was when he requested the 3 speciality bidets. That pretty much ended any hopes Argentina would win the cup. Well not that kind of cup anyway. - T.K.
        No need to thank me forumites.

Comment

He didn't have the correct defense... e.g. He kept playing DiMichelis who did a great imitation of a sieve.. but the required personnel were back home.
          Peter R

Comment

Him stop chat to Riquelme.
            Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
              Him stop chat to Riquelme.
              Riquelme is a liability in the side....

Comment

OJ, (in the Germany match -yes?) his team panicked when they went down 1 nil and he did nothing to calm them. They rushed at the Germans in wave after wave and left themselves open for the counter-attack. The 4 nil whipping is the dangerous side effect!

Having conceded the early goal, the Argies had time to play the ball around in the middle of the park which is their forte (only Spain had a better middle). By doing so they would've been able to catch the Germans in a lull and then surprise them going forward. Instead, they rushed forward in a mad attack and hence exposed themselves at the back.
                "The contribution of forumites and others who visit shouldn’t be discounted, and offending people shouldn’t be the first thing on our minds. Most of us are educated and can do better." Mi bredrin Sass Jan. 29,2011

Comment

taking the job in the first place
                  Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
                  Che Guevara.

Comment

Working...
                  X