ME do you think FIFA ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ME do you think FIFA ?

Would come out backtracking about video technology if the agrieved was an African/Oceanic nation instead of England that got knocked out ?

I ask this because it is my opinion that if England or a Big Powa was agrieved by Ura -gay in the semifinal they would be playing politics about Fifa enforcing Fair play to get a favourable result , along the line of it sends the wrong message to kids , i.e bending rules legally for morally tainted victories.

And no Fifa would not give a rats ass if an african nation was knocked out like england.

The english Espn commentator could not understand why the crowd booooed Saurez in the 3rd place game , he had to be reminded by the american (forgot his name) he knocked out the african favourites with a handball.He scolded the africans for doing what they do in the U.K prem every bloody season (boo when felt agrieved ), hypocryte, institutionalised racist or both ?

Wha yuh say (Me) FIFAs kick the racism out of football only applies to verbal sparring the institutionalism is off the books , leave the rules alone unless yuh a BIG FOOTBALL POWA from europe that has a grievance with a rule or issue.

BTW DAMM GOOD WC IN AFRICA !
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Not "Damn Good". Great World Cup in Africa. Lots of vibes to it and whole heap of discussions generated from it.

The English man voice him opinion. Them vex, suh them have all right to boo. However, to be fair to the commentator, I have heard him say it is a disgrace before when referring to booing EPL fans.

Would FIFA do that for an African team? Not sure. Depends on the voting season.

Comment

X, I am not up to date on happenings at FIFA but I am assuming they are not looking at video replay based on what you wrote...correct? If that is so, I am baffled, because the Uruguay Ghana game did not require video technology to ascertain anything. The ref applied the Law correctly based on how it is currently written.

England on the other hand SHOULD be clamoring for video replay based on their incident vs Germany and thus applying pressure to FIFA. However, England wants the 2018 WC and cannot pi$$ off FIFA too much... the proverbial rock and hard place.

Bottom line is, FIFA continues to be corrupt by not doing what is right to correct what can be easily corrected as in the Eng Ger match.

Incidents like the infamous handball in the Uruguay Ghana game would need people of stronger moral and ethical fiber than the Sepp Blathers of the world to do what is right.
      Peter R

Comment

goal line technology is due.

i not sorry for england though because they won a world cup on the back of a goal that was not a goal against west germany...karma is a bitch! so the whole thing has come full circle and time for the technology.

as for the booing...i was booing at my tv....and wll continue to boo suarez! i hope the boo him in holland or england too.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Huh,

Ah 4-2 England win by and that ball was a goal too. LoL

Comment

willi willi willi....the SAME arguments are relevant. england BENEFITTED from the lack of goal line tech in 66 (they got credited for a goal that was not a goal) and they SUFFERED for the lack of goalline tech in 2010 (they did not get a goal which was in fact a goal). FULL CIRCLE!

germany won 4-1 in 2010...but it would have been 2-2 at the time of the no goal. i beleive it was a similar situation in 66. the controversial goal was NOT the last goal or even the second to last goal.

i see an uncanny paralell.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

I thought it scored. See a description here:

First half
              England, managed by Alf Ramsey and captained by Bobby Moore, won the toss and elected to kick off. After twelve minutes, Siegfried Held sent a cross into the English penalty area which Ray Wilson misheaded to Helmut Haller, who got his shot on target. Jackie Charlton and goalkeeper Gordon Banks failed to deal with the shot which went in making it 1–0 to West Germany.
              In the 19th minute, Wolfgang Overath conceded a free kick, which Moore floated into the West German area, Geoff Hurst ran in and deflected the ball into the net for an equaliser.
              [edit] Second half

The teams were level at half time, and after 77 minutes England won a corner. Alan Ball delivered the ball to Geoff Hurst whose deflected shot from the edge of the area found Martin Peters. He produced the final shot, beating the West German keeper from eight yards to make the score 2–1 to England.
              The Germans pressed for an equaliser in the closing moments, and in the last minute the referee awarded them a free-kick when Uwe Seeler backed into Jack Charlton who protested that he was the one who had been fouled. The kick was taken by Lothar Emmerich, with the ball going to George Cohen who managed to block it, but the ball bounced across the England six-yard box and Wolfgang Weber struck home to level the scores at 2–2 and force the match into extra time. The German equaliser was controversial since the ball had appeared to strike the hand of Karl-Heinz Schnellinger whilst travelling through the penalty area.[2] Gordon Banks maintains that the ball struck Schnellinger's hand.[3]
              [edit] Controversial third England goal in extra time

Geoff Hurst's "Wembley Goal"

With eleven minutes of extra time gone, Alan Ball put in a cross and Geoff Hurst swivelled and shot from close range. The ball hit the underside of the cross bar, bounced down - apparently on or just over the line - and was cleared. The referee Gottfried Dienst was uncertain if it had been a goal and consulted his linesman, Tofik Bakhramov from the USSR, who in a moment of drama indicated that it was. After non-verbal communication, as they had no common language, the Swiss referee awarded the goal to the home team. The crowd and the audience of 400 million television viewers were left arguing whether the goal should have been given or not.
              England's third goal has remained controversial ever since the match. According to the Laws of the Game the definition of a goal is when "the whole of the ball passes over the goal line".[4]
              In England, supporters cite the good position of the linesman and the statement of Roger Hunt, the nearest England player to the ball, who claimed it was a goal and that was why he wheeled away in celebration rather than attempting to tap the rebounding ball in.
              However, a study conducted by the Engineering Department at Oxford University concluded that the ball did not cross the line entirely and that it was 6 cms away from being a goal (Goal-directed Video Metrology).
              Some Germans cited possible bias of the Soviet linesman (Bakhramov was from Azerbaijan),[5] especially as the USSR had just been defeated in the semi-finals by West Germany.[6] Bakhramov later stated in his memoirs that he believed the ball had bounced back not from the crossbar, but from the net and that he was not able to observe the rest of the scene, so it did not matter where the ball hit the ground anyway. Swiss referee Gottfried Dienst did not see the scene.
              The Germans got their revenge 44 years later, during the Germany–England Round of 16 match of the 2010 World Cup. With Germany leading 2–1, a shot from Frank Lampard hit the crossbar, bounced into the goal and bounced out. The match officials did not award England the goal that would have made the score 2–2 at the time, but television replays showed the ball clearly crossing the line and falling about 0.5m inside the goal.[7][8][9][10] Germany went on to win 4–1.[11]
              [edit] Spectators on the field while a fourth goal ends the game

One minute before the end of play, the West Germans sent their defenders forward in a desperate attempt to score a last-minute equaliser. Winning the ball, Bobby Moore picked out the unmarked Geoff Hurst with a long pass, which Hurst carried forward while some spectators began streaming onto the field and Hurst scored moments later. Hurst later admitted that his blistering shot was just an attempt at sending the ball as far into the Wembley stands as possible in order to kill time on the clock.[12]
              The final goal gave rise to one of the most famous sayings in English football, when the BBC commentator Kenneth Wolstenholme described the situation as follows:
              "And here comes Hurst. He's got... some people are on the pitch, they think it's all over. It is now! It's four!". ==================================1966 World Cup Final

Geoff Hurst's "Wembley Goal" during the 1966 world cup final

Main article: 1966 FIFA World Cup Final
              England led 2-1 until the very end of the game, when a German goal levelled the scores and took the match into extra time. With eleven minutes of extra time gone, Alan Ball put in a cross to England striker Geoff Hurst swivelled and shot from close range. The ball hit the underside of the cross bar, bounced down - apparently on or just over the line - before being cleared away by the German defenders.[10]
              The England players celebrated a goal, but the referee Gottfried Dienst was uncertain if it had been a goal. He consulted his linesman, Tofik Bakhramov from the USSR, after non-verbal communication, as they had no common language, the Swiss referee awarded the goal to the home team. The crowd and the audience of 400 million television viewers were left arguing whether the goal should have been given or not.
              Bakhramov, from Azerbaijan, became famous and celebrated in English popular culture as "the Russian linesman", as Azerbaijan was part of the Soviet Union at the time, and the nickname stuck to the point where his real name was all but forgotten. When England played the Azerbaijan national team in a World Cup qualifier in October 2004 — in a stadium named after Bakhramov — many England fans travelling to the game asked to be shown the grave of the official, who had died in 1996, so that they could place flowers on it, and before the game a ceremony honouring him was attended by Hurst and other footballing celebrities.[11]
              In England, supporters cite the good position of the linesman and the statement of Roger Hunt, the nearest England player to the ball, who claimed it was a goal and that was why he wheeled away in celebration rather than attempting to tap the rebounding ball in.
              According to the Laws of the Game the definition of a goal is when "the whole of the ball passes over the goal line" [12]. The Germans argue that if that were the case, it would likely have bounced from there into the net, not out on the field as it did. In addition, German players claimed to have seen chalk dust, which would indicate it was not a goal. The English counter by saying that the backspin put on the ball after hitting the crossbar could just as likely have caused the ball to bounce behind the line and then back out of the goal. Roger Hunt claimed to have seen the ball bounce behind the line.
              When Bakhramov wrote his memoirs, he stated that he believed the ball had bounced back not from the crossbar, but from the net, so the further movement of the ball was already insignificant, and not visible for him either so it did not matter where the ball hit the ground anyway. Swiss referee Gottfried Dienst did not see the scene. Commentators such as Robert Becker of Kicker magazine accuse the linesman of bias because the German team eliminated the USSR in the semi-final[13]. To add more controversy to the tale, Bakhramov, according to lore, was asked on his death bed how he knew the ball crossed the line. He replied, "Stalingrad."
              However, a study conducted by the Engineering Department at Oxford University concluded that the ball did not cross the line entirely and that it was 6 cms away from being a goal. (Goal-directed Video Metrology). In Germany it led to the creation of the expression "Wembley-Tor", or "Wembley-Goal", a phrase used to describe any goal scored in a similar fashion to Hurst's.
              [edit] England vs Germany at the FIFA World Cup 2010

On Sunday 27th of June 2010, England were playing Germany in FIFA World Cup 2010 at Bloemfontein, South Africa. In the 38th minute, just 53 seconds after Matthew Upson had scored, Frank Lampard shot the ball and it hit the top of the crossbar. The ball was clearly in but denied by the Uruguayan linesman.[14] Germany, where this goal was given the name "revenge for Wembley", went on to win the match with 4 goals to England's 1.

Comment

willi ...it was given as a goal but it did not score whereas the converse happend whey day yah.......yuh not firing on all cylinders this morning boss..everything alright?

btw ... the controversial giel was the 3rd goal...CRUCIAL in an eventual 4-2 victory.

Comment

Yuh naw get me. To my eye it scored...no matter how many German studies dem bring to try refute it. LoL

The ball score from it lick up the top of the crossbar. I looked at it in slow mo and a goal dat. Mi agree wid di Russian that said the same.Mek di Kraut dem gwaan. LoL

Comment

after de goal..."sour" kraut...LOL
                    Peter R

Comment

ok..mi jus a get yuh an' whey yuh a seh...needless to seh mi disagree wid yuh, di russian AND di ref!!!

from it hit the corss ball dat show seh di WHOLE ball did not cross the line and when it hit the ground the whole ball again did not cross the line....suh...

Comment

Working...
                      X