No announcement yet.

Kanu to Ajax? Sol Campbell to Chelsea?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kanu to Ajax? Sol Campbell to Chelsea?

Pleads For Ajax Return <SPAN class=sommario>Portsmouth striker Kanu has asked the club to let him leave Fratton Park to rejoin Ajax, though it is not entirely clear that the Amsterdam club are looking to bring back their former player.</SPAN>
    <DIV class=articoloTesto><DIV class=articoloFoto><DIV class=articoloFotoCornice id=Articolo_divArticolo><DIV id=Articolo_ei1_p1> <DIV id=Articolo_ei1_p2></DIV></DIV></DIV><DIV class=banner300><DIV id=Ads_Count150323 style="POSITION: absolute"></DIV>The30-year-old Nigerian forwards is Pompey's top scorer this season with nine goals so far, but he is keen to return to the Dutch club. </DIV></DIV>

He told the Vanguard newspaper: "I want to go to Ajax. Portsmouth should be grateful for what I have been able to do for them and allow me to go."

The former Inter Milan, Arsenal and West Brom striker is apparently hoping to recreate the Ajax glory days of the mid-1990s, and has hinted that Tottenham Hotspur's midfielder Edgar Davids could also rejoin him in Amsterdam.

Kanu said: "I have been talking to Edgar Davids and a couple of the other guys who shaped Ajax in the mid-1990s and we believe we can re-create the atmosphere if we return to play for the club.

"I am waiting for Ajax's offer. I have told Portsmouth I want to leave. My mind is made up. I have great memories of Amsterdam and I know great things can happen there if we return."

Meanwhile, Portsmouth manager Harry Redknapp has said he would not prevent defender Sol Campbell joining Chelsea if the central defender wanted to go to Stamford Bridge.

Chelsea jave been linked with a move for the ex-Arsenal and Spurs man.

And Redknapp said he would be powerless to prevent Campbell, 32, from leaving if he wanted to go.

He said: "You wouldn't want to lose him but if he said he wanted to go what could you do? Not a lot really.

"I hope Chelsea are not interested in him. If I lose him I am in trouble."</DIV>
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."
Working...
X