How could I be so far off the mark?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How could I be so far off the mark?

After Friday's euphoria of having predicted the Dutch defeat of Brazil, reality hit me. Many remind me that while there was no 1998 mystery illness, it appears that Brazil took its foot off the right pedal and committed some uncharacteristic acts of indiscipline. Was it that Brazil was cruising and unlike Germany and Spaion had experienced adversity for the first time, and experienced such in the knockout stage then did not know how to respond? Is that what happened to Argentina on Saturday?

I was wrong about the Ghana - Uruguay game. However, in true conspiracy theory fashion, I will say that obviously FIFA did not want Ghana to go further. I am always suspicious of players and teams who owe their professional careers to UEFA. In addition, Europe is worse than Vegas. They bet on every element and the timing of such elements as well as the antagonists and protagonists in each game. So, so, so, isn't it possible that...... While I am not Jawge, we were trained at the same school. Aren't pro sports primarily about entertainment, with fairness being an occasional benefit? Isn't the unfairness often a way to hype rematches or revenges?

They say the true measure of a person is how they respond after facing adversity and loss. I am no Maradona fan. However, I must say that his response to Saturday's loss was a lot classier than I ever imagined I would see or hear from him. Respek to him!

I still have the Dutch winning the tournament. Am I alone? I can't see Germany using the same style and achieving victory against both Spain and Holland. No disrespect to Uruguay. I believe they are going home today. Do I stand alone here?
    "Jah Jah see dem a come, but I & I a Conqueror!"

Originally posted by Westman View Post
    After Friday's euphoria of having predicted the Dutch defeat of Brazil, reality hit me. Many remind me that while there was no 1998 mystery illness, it appears that Brazil took its foot off the right pedal and committed some uncharacteristic acts of indiscipline. Was it that Brazil was cruising and unlike Germany and Spaion had experienced adversity for the first time, and experienced such in the knockout stage then did not know how to respond? Is that what happened to Argentina on Saturday?

I was wrong about the Ghana - Uruguay game. However, in true conspiracy theory fashion, I will say that obviously FIFA did not want Ghana to go further. I am always suspicious of players and teams who owe their professional careers to UEFA. In addition, Europe is worse than Vegas. They bet on every element and the timing of such elements as well as the antagonists and protagonists in each game. So, so, so, isn't it possible that...... While I am not Jawge, we were trained at the same school. Aren't pro sports primarily about entertainment, with fairness being an occasional benefit? Isn't the unfairness often a way to hype rematches or revenges?

They say the true measure of a person is how they respond after facing adversity and loss. I am no Maradona fan. However, I must say that his response to Saturday's loss was a lot classier than I ever imagined I would see or hear from him. Respek to him!

I still have the Dutch winning the tournament. Am I alone? I can't see Germany using the same style and achieving victory against both Spain and Holland. No disrespect to Uruguay. I believe they are going home today. Do I stand alone here?
    Well you're wrong on one thing, Uruguay won't be going home as they would still have a game to play. At this point any of the 3 Europeans could win this thing.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Ok, you got me on a technicality which I am unhappy to acknowledge. You mean that tiefing non-goalie could play on Saturday?
      "Jah Jah see dem a come, but I & I a Conqueror!"

Comment

Originally posted by Westman View Post
        Ok, you got me on a technicality which I am unhappy to acknowledge. You mean that tiefing non-goalie could play on Saturday?
        Yeap ... losers play 3rd place game.
        "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Westman I too did very poorly in my predictions this round. I went with my heart on the Ghana prediction and almost got away with it. Again, logics told me to pick Germany because of Argentina's defensive weaknesses but I gave Argentina the edge because of their attacking powers....my bad. The Netherland/Brazil game I saw going 1 nil to Brazil. Brazil's defense is still the best in the competition even though the stats doesn't prove it, and I saw them standing firm with one of their forwards ekeing out a goal to win it. Well what can I say.....
          Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Working...
          X