No announcement yet.

Of course, FIFA can stop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How many minutes and looks from different angle would it take?
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

is his decision WRONG..based on what he saw?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

exactly, under the current dispensation.. that is why a law/rule has to be added for this PARTICULAR travesty... a man cannot play 120 minutes , give his heart and soul and see his goal batted out like is rounders the opponent playing...

BTW Regardless of the minutes played a ball that is prevented from crossing the line by a hand should be allowed... that is where the video replay would assist ; indetermining that the ball was in fact going over. If it cannot clarify then a red card and penalty.
        Peter R

Comment

again, i agree.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
            is his decision WRONG..based on what he saw?
            It does not appear so - I said that above that He had two right choices 'no goal ' or 'goal" based on what HE saw.
            The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

well, the replays have shown that the call he made was the right call, ball did not cross the line, red card and penalty.

Comment

after all is said and done, ghana lost fair and square under the current rules... the situation as presented itself in the ghana game only exposed the unfairness of the rule... reducing 100% goal to a 60-80% probability of a goal is injustice in a game where goals are difficult and rare...

this is not a situation where a player is fouled in the penalty box where there wasn't any certainty to the players scoring...

i suspect if there isn't a rule change we will see players being instructed to use their hands to stop a ball crossing the line and reducing the opponent's opportunity to score via penalty... we might see all 11 men being goalies in some situations... that would be a tragedy...

the remedy is to change it... simple...
                'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

Comment

true...with free kicks all 11 defenders could line up on the goal line or sup'm like that

Comment

wha stop them now???
                    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

nutten...but the mere fact that we are having this discussion means this issue is on the front burner.

the stage on which this one took place (WC quarter finals) and the further fact of what transpired has placed in front and centre into the footbball consciousness.

Comment

yeah but to think it is going to result in a massive on the line hand ball? It is not going to happen. It is much easier to have one goalie and two men on th post for corner. Then if everybody is on the line and you have a 15 yard free kick you now have the opportunity to move it to the 5 yard line and shoot. also you have 10 free opponents in your box.

Part of the reason the game is what it is, is because of the suspense. Also penalty is a part of the game. Is it fair to accidental clip someone right on the edge of the penalty box and they get a penalty?

Not everything is fair when it come to the rules and sometime by thinkering with it create another problem within itself. You see man a suggest if it hit on the 5 yard line they should get a goal?

Comment

it is simple...goal line only.

an opportunity to use the rule in such a manner has not gone unnoticed. remember this is a unique situation so we'll see. i can almost guarantee that there will be more goalline handballs.

Comment

We will see if it is a regular occurance but I don't think so. Anyhow can we trust the refs to decide what is GOALINE HANDS? When some can't even see the goaline in the first place.

Comment

is not what wi can TRUST dem wid...is what wi allow dem fi call!!!

Comment

But you see them nah call it either. Look at the Argentina, England and US game. It would be sad to see a man accidentally hand a ball 3 yards out and the ref give a goal. Is a slippery slope we deh pon. I can't see any good option in this. Goal line technology if it nuh hold up the game is a different thing.

Comment

Working...
                                X