Brazil sack Dunga after World Cup flop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brazil sack Dunga after World Cup flop

RIO DE JANEIRO (AFP) – Brazil coach Dunga and his coaching staff were sacked on Sunday following the team's World Cup quarter-finals exit, a statement from the Brazilian football confederation (CBF) said.
    "The cycle of work started in 2006 and which culminated with the elimination of Brazil in the World Cup in South Africa is finished," said a statement.
    "The CBF announces the dismissal of the technical commission of the Brazilian team. The new commission will be announced at the end of July."
    Dunga, who skippered Brazil to the 1994 World Cup, had been national team coach since 2006.
    He had already said that he was intending to step down after four years following the five-time champions 2-1 defeat to Holland in the quarter-finals in Port Elizabeth in South Africa on Friday.
    However, on his arrival home on Sunday, Dunga did not rule out staying in the job.
    "I am going to rest before meeting, in one or two weeks' time, the president of the CBF, Ricardo Teixeira to talk about it (extending his stay in charge)," Dunga told a news conference.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20100704...p/fblwc2010bra
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
    RIO DE JANEIRO (AFP) – Brazil coach Dunga and his coaching staff were sacked on Sunday following the team's World Cup quarter-finals exit, a statement from the Brazilian football confederation (CBF) said.
    "The cycle of work started in 2006 and which culminated with the elimination of Brazil in the World Cup in South Africa is finished," said a statement.
    "The CBF announces the dismissal of the technical commission of the Brazilian team. The new commission will be announced at the end of July."
    Dunga, who skippered Brazil to the 1994 World Cup, had been national team coach since 2006.
    He had already said that he was intending to step down after four years following the five-time champions 2-1 defeat to Holland in the quarter-finals in Port Elizabeth in South Africa on Friday.
    However, on his arrival home on Sunday, Dunga did not rule out staying in the job.
    "I am going to rest before meeting, in one or two weeks' time, the president of the CBF, Ricardo Teixeira to talk about it (extending his stay in charge)," Dunga told a news conference.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20100704...p/fblwc2010bra
    Dunga is a mad man. Did he realy believe that he stood a chance after he did not play the beautiful game and lost in the quaterfinals? Him should have expected to be quartered.
    The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

Hey Dunga,

Send me your resume...I'll see what I can do!! LOL
      Peter R

Comment

Bring him for Jamaica?

Comment

Brazil's new coach will be Rene Simoes

Comment

Yeah Right

Originally posted by Exile View Post
            Bring him for Jamaica?
            JFF can barely afford to pay Tappa, let alone Tony Dunga.

I would not be surprised if Dunga turned up in Mexico, T&T, or Costa Rica.

Comment

can i laugh?? surely you're not serious?
              Peter R

Comment

Working...
              X