Good work USA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good work USA

I have often criticize the coverage of the World Cup in America, the poor analysts, The showing of the game after it is played and downright disrespect we soccer fans have gotten over the years.

Now I must be honest and commend everyone involved for the excellent job they have done this world cup. The channels went out and hire real soccer(football) professionals and analysts who did a credible job of breaking down the games and providing good highlights. There was no baseball or football commentators asking why more goals are not scored and why don't they speed up the game etc. The only little problem I found was the Englishmen trying to sell the Premier League at every opportunity but after England got knocked out they slowed down.

The ratings have been great including 14.9 million people for the USA-Ghana game and the Mexico-Argentian game not far behind. Ratings increase more than 100% over last world cup and remember this is not even prime time. The average age of viewers is somewhere in the region of 39 year old which tells the story of a young population watching the game. Imagine the game will be played in Brazil next which is 1 hour ahead of us on the East coast, only problem is they may make the games earlier for the people in Europe to watch but chances are the viewership can grow leaps and bound again.

Word is that The stations want to make it a month long super bowl as they see the opportunity and we all see the football related commercials on the TV. The companies sees opportunities and are coming on board. This may also do well for the hosting of another world cup in the USA.

Thanks again ESPN, ABC for the coverage and thanks to the analysts on Fox. By the way ABC and Univision have already bought the rights to next World cup.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

I watched "Ticket to South Africa" after every match I saw... not a bad programme coupled with the regular FSC analysis with the Scotish dude (forgot his name)... to boot we (in T&T) got the local analysts some of whom are good plus "Centre Circle" from Sportsmax... a veritable smorgasbord of football. No complaints from this side re the coverage.
    Last edited by Peter R; July 4, 2010, 05:09 PM.
    Peter R

Comment

yeah that Scottish guy is Andy Grey. He was a decent player too.
      I watch it too. Someone could learn a lot from the analysts on that program.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Working...
      X