• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shay Given believes that Robinho deserves another shot with

Manchester City

Goalkeeper believes Brazilian should return after World Cup performance
    By Anthony Sciarrino
    www.goal.com

Shay Given thinks that Roberto Mancini should give Brazil star Robinho another chance to succeed at Manchester City.

Given believes that the striker, who came over from Real Madrid for £32.5 million in 2008, has proven his doubters wrong after a successful loan with Brazilian club Santos and a good performance in the World Cup.

Robinho’s opener against Holland gave Brazil an early lead but the South Americans were unable to hold their advantage and ended up falling 2-1.

The 26-year-old also scored in Brazil’s 3-0 victory over Chile in the Round of 16, and with his impressive performances in South Africa, Given hopes to see Robinho back at City next season.

“I don't know what his current situation is but there's no denying he's had a great World Cup,” Given told the Daily Mail.

“The bottom line is he remains a Manchester City player no matter what's been written.

“I'd love to see him back at City, he's gone out and proved a lot of people wrong in South Africa.

“You forget that he missed a lot of last year through injury and he was coming off the bench, I don't think he had his match sharpness to be honest.

“But going back to Santos and regaining his fitness has really helped. He's shown us why he's rated as one of the best in the world this summer and he's still young.”

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/...ther-shot-with
Working...
X