Karl TEAM have me confuse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Karl TEAM have me confuse

Isn't it Anti TEAM to get a red card and leave your team on the field?

Now you telling me Squarez made the ultimate TEAM sacrifice.

Ah bwoy
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

yuh know karl or yuh nuh know karl?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
      Isn't it Anti TEAM to get a red card and leave your team on the field?

Now you telling me Squarez made the ultimate TEAM sacrifice.

Ah bwoy
      Well you tell me Sass...would allowing the goal in time added on and ensuring your TEAM's exit from the competition the best option for your TEAM?

Let me make the question simplier - How would allowing your TEAM's exit from the competition be helpful to your TEAM?

The man made a great TEAM play! ...he could not guarantee his TEAM would have stopped the ensuing penalty and not be eliminated...but he sure as hell could guarantee that his TEAM would not be eliminated on that headed play by using his hand to deny the opposition what would be the winning goal!

...anyway...mi kno seh a joke yuh a mek!
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Suarez was a fool. He could just as easily have headed out the ball.

He's a cheat! Team player my ra ss!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

No he couldn't. Ball was to his right. If he got his head to it, it would be to put it in the net. Smart play from the youth.

Comment

"Smart play" because of the flaw in the Law that rewards him for doing so... joke bizniz
            Peter R

Comment

Smart play because what he did was smart. Lawyer, Financial Engineers, Accountants and many other take advantage of flaws in laws and regulations. Whether you like their action or not, what they do is smart.

Comment

Not really that smart.

Quite obvious given the circumstances.. I am sure it was discussed prior to the kick.

He was not the only one attempting to handle the ball.. the player in front of him attempted and failed.

Yuh too generous wid di smart ting.

Comment

.... and you know that all this went through the player's mind the mili-second it took for his hands to go up and block the shot or it was not just instinctive?

You realised that if Gyan had scored the Uruguay player would be the goat and not a hero right?
                  Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
                  Che Guevara.

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                    Suarez was a fool. He could just as easily have headed out the ball.
                    I thought you had played the game...?
                    My bad in believing all those stories you told of playing for the school on the hill!

NB: Having played the game...I have every reason to believe that handling the ball or conceding a goal were his only choices.
                    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
                      I thought you had played the game...?
                      My bad in believing all those stories you told of playing for the school on the hill!

NB: Having played the game...I have every reason to believe that handling the ball or conceding a goal were his only choices.
                      now we see why the school on the "hill" has had no success in football for the past 30 years or so....
                      Sunday, August 28th, 2011. We will never forget !!

Comment

yeah and he would be Anti TEAM and anti Football. He must have thought to head and what it mean't to him. It seems a like second but I can bet a lot flash before him.
                        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

30? where did you learn your maths, try 46 years since their last major football success, Mosiah was about what 11 then...
                          Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
                          Che Guevara.

Comment

It was really a no-brainer Me, you're giving way too much credit...any half-idiot would have done the same.
                            Peter R

Comment

"Stupid Yellow Cards"

I once played golf with a well-known soccer coach in the Milwaukee area. He broke down the difference between "stupid" cards and "good cards"

Stupid Cards....
                              Early in the game.
                              Open tackles from behind in midfield
                              Wasting Time
                              Dissent
                              Messing with an opponent after the whistle.

Good Cards:
                              Preventing a scoring opportunity
                              Defending a teammate who is being attacked

He said "stupid cards come back to haunt you later." A player may need to take a yellow card later in the game to take down an opponent to prevent a scoring opportunity. If he got a stupid card earlier in the game, it's a red card. If he got one or more stupid cards earlier in the season, he will be suspended for accumulation.

Comment

Working...
                              X