No announcement yet.

Big up to Suarez

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is the same damn thing from a moral standpoint. Man a rationalize away them behavior now to suit this particular situation.

If Suarez did clip a Ghana player heels going to goal in the last minute most a dem woulda find a way fe say why the rules must change fe dat too.
    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by Peter R View Post
      Karl, Me, Lazie...

Any Law that allows the cheater to benefit like Uruguay did needs to be re-thought. Suarez did the "right thing" no doubt; however if the Law is an a$$ it is an a$$ and needs to be re-visited.

If a ref can disallow a goal for an infraction why the hell can't he allow one for this particular infraction. If you guys don't see the intrinsic flaw in the Law, flaw being the penalty for such an infraction then I would have to question your moral and ethical stance.
      The ball didn't cross the line. There is zero basis to award a goal. Awarding a goal in such a situation would compound the travesty.
      Last edited by Don1; July 3, 2010, 10:49 AM.
      TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

maybe...but it woulda compund it inna my favour!! ... mi accept the result...but a rule change would be in order.

personally i think fifa is against awarding a goal where the ball does not go into the net as that could put them at the edge of a slippery slope but in a game of this magnitude and on this stage...it should be addressed.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

"A body continues at rest or straight line of uniform motion unless impressed forces act upon it".
          That good enough for you?

Comment

No , not the first time...doesn't mean the game can't be improved; and it matters NOT who the victim is, there is an intrinisc sense of unfairness about the consequence when it puts the advantage back in the offender's favour.
            Peter R

Comment

ok ..but if it did not cross the line...that distinction MUST be made.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Gamma my position regarding the situation is specific to a clearance from the goal line with a hand, which otherwise, would have resulted in a goal... I think they call it goal-tending in basketball... the concept is not without precedent.

I am calmer today but I cannot feel happy for ANY team for a win like this.
                Peter R

Comment

Lazie, is actually when you wake up you realize that without principle nobody goes anywhere, I run my life by fundamental principle so even though I can be a rough and dirty player, I would never hold a shirt, handle a ball, punch someone just for punching sake much as i see many players do on an everyday basis, this is not about emotion it is about principle. I stop watching boxing the day I see Sugar Ray using pillow punch and the judges give him the fight over Hagler, ridiculous decision undercut the very fabric of the sport and you know what boxing hasn't done much since then, now football is being decided by ball handling, we might as well call it american football and call Suarez and Henry wide receivers. You have to draw a line somewhere.

Comment

I guess I just don't see how being a dirty player fit in with those principles.

Hold a shirt going to goal is different in principle from clipping a guy legs going to goal ? How? Seems like all the same to me. You not supposed to do it and if you do you are penalized.
                    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

What the sense of dirty playing if you a go make your oppenent score?
                      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

..straight line of uniformed motion...it would have if it wasn't stopped....but such is life....

Comment

I always play the ball, some people call it dirty cause me no partial to who pon the ball, if I CAN GET A PIECE OF IT i COMING, EITHER LEAVE, TRY RUN FASTER THAN ME, OR STAND FIRM.

I have always played first and foremost by primciple, thus never intentionally use my hands ever!! never pull a shirt, shorts, never intentionally throw an elbow to cause harm, elbows naturally come up when defending the ball, bottom line on this is what Suarez did was unprincipled and the fact is we have never really seen this before, if it is not dealt with we will have a new game volley ball, if a non goalie player slap a ball with him hands on the goal line that should be an automatic goal, as i said we have never seen this kind of behaviour from a baller before, but now him open pandoras box we will see more of it. We have seen plenty of goal line situations in a goal situtaion and none of the players tried to use their arms.

Comment

then if a so you play you a nuh dirty player. You might be a ruff player but if you nuh break nuh rule you a clean player.

I only use elbow to protect myself but if someone try elbow me then it is on automatic. Drag back players, even step on their toe. Never hand the ball directly but because an opportunty like this never presented itself. I have cheated ref into wininng throws. I made ruff tackler that would move you and the ball but that was part of the game. Not dirty in my book.
                            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Morning gamma, there probably no clear wrong or right viewpoints on this borderline issue.
                              The fact that FIFA has implemented changes to rules when it is glaring those rules are ineffective/counterprogressive may give strength to the arguments of the opposers.
                              Other than the person red carded is disallowed from taking a penalty kick it did not serve the intended purpose. Being reduced to ten men served no disadvantge... as the game ended soon thereafter.Swapping a penalty for a sure goal isn't ideal, penalties have been saved in the past.
                              It saw the exit of a team that scored had it not been for rewarding the cheat.
                              To defend the decision is to defend the way things are.

Blessed

Comment

is there a rule which allows the ref to award a goal if the ball has not crossed the line? if he handled it and it somehow STILL ended up in the back of the net, there is the advantage rule.

the ref had no choice under the rules, i don't think that there many (if many) persons who wanted ghna to win more than i did, but i have to face it that uruguay has benefitted from suarez' actions which are clearly contrary to the rules of the game and yes i would call him a cheat and YES ghana ws cheated, but as it is there is no remedy.

remember henry's handball? the world saw it, what FIFA do? what COULD FIFA do?

Comment

Working...
                                X