X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• German keeper feels he ‘fooled the referee’

German keeper feels he ‘fooled the referee’

By Martin Rogers, Yahoo! Sports

BLOEMFONTEIN, South Africa – Germany goalkeeper Manuel Neuer admitted he “fooled” referee Jorge Larrionda into making the most controversial decision of the World Cup.

Neuer carried on playing even when Frank Lampard’s 38th-minute lob bounced over the line and appeared to give England a clear goal at Free State Stadium. The 24-year-old grabbed the ball and swiftly kicked it upfield as England’s disbelieving players rounded upon Larrionda and begged him to reconsider his decision.

http://g.sports.yahoo.com/soccer/wor...epr062710.html

BLACK LIVES MATTER

is this fairer than Henry's double hand ball the other day? or Fabiano's?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Cheating!!!!

I hope him dont bawl when Diego use ringcraft pon dem! LoL

Dem cant cheat like Don Diego! LoL

Comment

Cheating, you can not be serious? He did nothing wrong and should he have delivered the ball to the ref?
        Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Him know seh it score!

Not saying I blamed him, but it technically cheating to pretend otherwise.

Yuh dont think hand of god was cheating? Or Henry?

Comment

Yes, both the hand of god and Henry's trickery vs Ireland was cheating. But I view the german's behavior as something totally different, since he did not instigate the action.
            Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by Hortical View Post
              Cheating, you can not be serious? He did nothing wrong and should he have delivered the ball to the ref?
              ...he saw the goal!
              "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Well, I would say somewhat (not totally) different in that respect, true.

Question for the football gurus, do you know of any instances in football at the international or club level where the ref rules against a goal and a player says, no, it scored give it to them?
                "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

So why all this fair play chat? Why do they kick out the ball when a man is down, even when nuff time ah lie the "injured" player a tell.

Technically cheating, instigation or not. He did instigate by grabbing the ball and acting like seh nutten happen. The teefaree blind to rhatid. It was not even close.

In cricket, that is why batsmen walk.

BTW, on Dutch TV, they simulated the view of the linesman and showed that he had a perfect line of sight to see the clear goal. They concluded that he must have not been looking in that direction, as it was impossible not to see otherwise.

Comment

In cricket there is something of a culture of that in the game though.

Yes it is technically cheating, but I can't really blame the goalie if that is just not done in football.
                    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Mi nuh blame him neida.

I'm just saying...

Comment

play di whistle!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

who is in charge in the field?!! play the whistle!!!!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Working...
                          X