US Soccer investing in Inner City?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US Soccer investing in Inner City?

How do they do this? Inner city not investing in themselves. It nuh take nothing fi start a team and ask organizations for help but too many times we sit back.

There are some program out their that people can take advantage of. One I know is the soccer/scout organization that is trying to get more minorities into scouting by getting them involved in soccer. Any organization can set up a branch in the inner city community with low income and the coachces actually get a stipend of about 25-40 dollars an hour. Teams like Real Caribe setup a under 23 side and you know how many youths get scholarhip because of this?

My brethren like "Coach" who have his team in Brooklyn is a voice in the wilderness as he is the coach taking his team to tournaments but guess what no parents not involve. When they go to games if 5 parents are at the games it is alot.

I have very young kids and myself and another parent gave out flyers at daycare for other family to join us on saturday mornings to do excercise and play some ball in the park. This free of cost but I can help my kids and others to start and have interest in the game. You can tell me I am not living in the inner city but at least one day a week I donate some time to coach a team in a inner city neighbourhood to kids who wouldn't even be playing any sports. We have to take our own responsiblity in our own hands.

There are programs sponsored by US Soccer, Department of Education and other places that you can get some funding.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.
Working...
X