Each World Cup since '98 I remind that

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Each World Cup since '98 I remind that

...Japan, Croatia and ourselves shared the same zone and of the disparity that has occurred between the progress over the years since.

In '98 we lost to Croatia 1 - 3 after putting up a great attacking fight. We defeated Japan. The class team in our group was Argentina...and until one of our players lost his mental strength and deserted TEAM we were valiant and giving as good as we got.

Look at us now - Croatia is not at this World Cup...but look at her place on the FIFA ranking charts? ...Japan is at this World Cup living evidence to how her football has moved in 'lock set' with advances in the world game. Argentina is Argentina!

Have you really looked at how our collection of individuals attempt to play? It makes, when you consider our players talents...the talents of our players on the field, our stomachs churn!

Just these words to our players and local coaches, "It is the ball stupid" and "TEAM"!
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

karl anytime we try to uplift the youth by showing them the effort Bibi, Tapa, et al put in.

You guys come ith the diego Gordon, largy , bell brothers, skill cole and George Pena talk. Ja refuses to move forward simple.

Comment

What are you on to now, Jawge?
      What are players being told about the past players, Deigo Gordon through "Skill", and coach Penna? ...and who are those "you guys"?
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Karl you very well know what I'm talking about. Ja's football came to light in 98. You guys refuse to accept this fact. Instead we hear of the great pena , skill cole et al yet FIFA has no record of Ja qualifying for a WC then.

You guys? the old guard karl (throw mi corn)

Comment

Jamaica lots of skill, minimal intelligence.

Comment

You really think that the red card was hat big a difference in our game against Argentina????
            Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
            Che Guevara.

Comment

Gi di side it dew, an unlucky wi unlucky, wi nuh fi at least mek semi-final roun. Simoes jus try di said ting from 98 an it fail. Wi export nuff, nuff ballah since then suh all is not dome an gloom. Yuh know, one ting weh hurt mi why wi suh negative pan yah when it come to wi own or sumpn black.

Comment

Originally posted by Jawge View Post
                Karl you very well know what I'm talking about. Ja's football came to light in 98. You guys refuse to accept this fact. Instead we hear of the great pena , skill cole et al yet FIFA has no record of Ja qualifying for a WC then.

You guys? the old guard karl (throw mi corn)

What was told to the young players?

Comment

Originally posted by Sickko View Post
                  You really think that the red card was hat big a difference in our game against Argentina????
                  It made a tremendous difference. After that red card Argentina used the numerical advantage to great effect as we never adjusted to a total defensive counter attacking approach. Argentina then went of goal scoring rampage.

Comment

Damn.... you really think we could beat hem or even hold our own against hem at the World Cup??

I hear all the time that when teams lose a player it makes them better, how come it did not make us better then..
                    Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
                    Che Guevara.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickko View Post
                      Damn.... you really think we could beat hem or even hold our own against hem at the World Cup??
                      I know what we all saw - Our performance against Argentina was compromised by the lost of that player - who covered areas that 10 men only could not! Argentina exploited the extra space...then large open available space to our detriment.

I hear all the time that when teams lose a player it makes them better, how come it did not make us better then..
                      You do not understand what you have been hearing!

Comment

I agree Karl.

I was at that match. Until the rash red card, we were competitive, though on the backfoot. I even recall Boyd? bussing Ayala's salad on the right wing and drawing a fowl that should have been a yellow. Tappa had a decent toe poke on goal forcing a save.

Jamaica also went into that match with issues re the documentary about Lowe and his paternal relationships that damaged team chemistry!

Comment

Working...
                        X