No announcement yet.

The beautiful game or win at all cost?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The beautiful game or win at all cost?

Forum massive we have seen all the teams... I missed Spain's loss but will catch it later....I saw the first half with Chile-Honduras....
    Chile is playing well..low scoring htough but move the ball intricately...
    What will win this World Cup??? Pretty ball or final score. Don't see anyone combining them yet.

exile, you know is score win matches... see spain v switzerland... i think the world cup scoring is low because for the most part the teams are competitive... not much separates the teams now...
    'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

Comment

Pretty game can't win World Cup. Germany, Brazil, France, Brazil, Italy.

Defense is what the Champions have been built on.

Comment

I know...but who wants to watch 90 minutes and see one goal or none at all and teams just playing possession without even a little attempt at creativity....and then when a player tries he gets double/triple teamed or fouled.....
        I also think goalkeeping has improved a lot!

Comment

if the game is competitive and both teams are creating chances and playing entertaing soccer, the scoreline will not make a difference... i concluded that listening to two people in boston who hates soccer and were riveted to the spain v switzerland match...

they were surprised that swiss was leading spain and they kept watching as spain tried in vain with beautiful soccer to equalize... they enjoyed the game and they were professed haters of soccer... after the game they admitted that they enjoyed watching the game, will continue to watch and be rooting for spain...

what is killing soccer is the players falling after the slightest touch adn in some cases no touch... that kills the game because of the constant stop and starts... turns off fans and non fans...
          'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

Comment

True...FIFA should replays to punish players (yellows) EVEn after the game....pity though that a resulting goal from a free kick and or penalty cant be reversed...smthing must be done.

Comment

That would be going down a slippery slope and i am not sure we want that in the game...we cant lose the human element completely and even if there are mistake so be it..
              Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
              Che Guevara.

Comment

Dem seh that attack wins games and defense win Championships. However the final is just one game and I cant get away from the fact that ghoals win matches and ONLY goals wins matches (except if we truly salt and dem haffi flip di coin). LoL

Comment

I agree , a low score is not really an issue if there are great attacks, great shots and great saves. But the constant possession going nowhere is a turnoff for me.

It generally gets better as the tournament progesses and the need to win rather than play safe for a point becomes more important.
                  "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by Baddaz View Post
                    exile, you know is score win matches... see spain v switzerland... i think the world cup scoring is low because for the most part the teams are competitive... not much separates the teams now...
                    Good chat!
                    ...I was thinking about my Reggae Boyz and how the game has advanced while we have stood still.

...by the way, I do not think our '98 team could defeat our current squad. ...but look at the Koreas, Japan...and the quality technical ability of there players and TEAM(play)?

....mileeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees above our
                    Boyz who indulge...play for their opponents...giving away the ball like the ball is a hot potato.
                    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Working...
                    X