Which goal worse? Algeria or England?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which goal worse? Algeria or England?

...do you all think the ball has anything to with it?

England, the ball was coming straight to him and on the ground.

Comment

Originally posted by Exile View Post
      ...do you all think the ball has anything to with it?
      Goalies have lots to do with them!
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

i think the Algerian goalie was blocked when the shot was kicked. the england goal was ten times worse.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

hmmm...u harsh...10 times?

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
            Goalies have lots to do with them!
            LOL 2nd that Karl!

Seriously both goalkeepers should have been able to handle the ball easily. That was mistake #1. But even then you're suppose to have secondary cover (that's ones body for you dumb field players ) so that if a ball does take an akward bounce on the turf or for whatever reason slips through your hands at least your body is there keep the ball out of the net. Neither gk got their secondary cover set up and paid for it. Just bad goalkeeping all around in my opinion.

I will say however I did scoff at the complaints about the ball as they always change the ball before a WC with little to no effect but this time around it seems as if the ball is either too light or the altitude is really making the ball ballon up in the air. Seems as if every set play goes flying over the goal or end line. - T.K.
            No need to thank me forumites.

Comment

True about the set plays but certainly they have been taking free kicks BEFORE the games...is there no adjustment? Also, have you noticed that a lot a players going for safety when confronted with goalkeeper alone to beat...side-footing or tame attempted curl? A bit conservative?

Comment

Originally posted by Exile View Post
                True about the set plays but certainly they have been taking free kicks BEFORE the games...is there no adjustment? Also, have you noticed that a lot a players going for safety when confronted with goalkeeper alone to beat...side-footing or tame attempted curl? A bit conservative?
                I haven't noticed it Exile but would not be shocked. Those first games are really nerve wracking for teams. It is very much a safety first approach. You don't want to leave your opening match with 0 points or else you're pretty much salt the rest of the way. I would not be surprised if players were being a bit conservative. - T.K.
                No need to thank me forumites.

Comment

Originally posted by T.K. View Post
                  LOL 2nd that Karl!

Seriously both goalkeepers should have been able to handle the ball easily. That was mistake #1. But even then you're suppose to have secondary cover (that's ones body for you dumb field players ) so that if a ball does take an akward bounce on the turf or for whatever reason slips through your hands at least your body is there keep the ball out of the net. Neither gk got their secondary cover set up and paid for it. Just bad goalkeeping all around in my opinion.

I will say however I did scoff at the complaints about the ball as they always change the ball before a WC with little to no effect but this time around it seems as if the ball is either too light or the altitude is really making the ball ballon up in the air. Seems as if every set play goes flying over the goal or end line. - T.K.
                  Re: The ball
                  Just demands that kicking technique is 'bang on'...or the ball shall fly which way the kicker has not a clue!
                  "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Working...
                  X