Is South Africa Jamaica In disguise?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is South Africa Jamaica In disguise?

Dem talented but dark and fool just like reggae boyz, plus dem wear di same colour. Could be so.

S. Africa had real chances to win!
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Congrats to S. Africa. I thought they would have fallen to Mexico!
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

lawd paw... yuh play ruf wid de south africans eeh... i thought they played well... well enuff to win... just unfortunate dat dem neva win... dem surprise mi... most people including me neva expect dem fi tek de game to mexico as they did... south africa look threatening...
        'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

Comment

True, dem played better than I had thought for a scrub team. It was a game of missed opportunities and looks like an early exit for Bafana Bafana.
          Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Correct is correct...play like Jamaica... look good going forward but always on the wrong side of the near miss.... plus bafana bafan get wey; if Mestico could finish dem wouda get bout four
            Peter R

Comment

The South African goal was a thing of beauty. Five passes (count them five) culminating with a shot to the pidgeon hole which could not be saved. When JA string five passes together like that unuh talk to me. Whether you guys want to admit it or not yu saw the effect of the Carlos Perreirra the Brazillian coach.

Comment

They are a pretty weak team. Nothing impressive about them at all. Carlos compensates for it like Rene did with Jamaica by make sure they are compact in defense.

Comment

But a whe di.....

You figget Jamaica's first WCup goal...a thing of beauty. Bibi's square and Earle's picture perfect header.

Croatia manager nearly kill dem in the half time breaak.

Comment

Dark and fool? Somebody need to throw you to the lions. Anyhow thanks to Rene Simoes we not there so let day dream that South Africa is Jamaica.
                    The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Me View Post
                      They are a pretty weak team. Nothing impressive about them at all. Carlos compensates for it like Rene did with Jamaica by make sure they are compact in defense.
                      SA was compact in defence?!? Despite there numbers there at times they were woeful.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Baddaz View Post
                        lawd paw... yuh play ruf wid de south africans eeh... i thought they played well... well enuff to win... just unfortunate dat dem neva win... dem surprise mi... most people including me neva expect dem fi tek de game to mexico as they did... south africa look threatening...
                        Although I am praying for S. Africa to move on...I have be cold and dispassionate in my assessment of the game.

You are correct the gave a display better than I expected...and again you are right, they could have won...but the sad fact is Mexico outplayed them big time and should have won easily. The Mexicans failed to score on many good chances. ...including one where the S. African 'keeper made a brilliant save from a shot taken about 3-4 yards from him.

S. Africa may have been playing at 'super heightened level' of 'adrenaline flow'. ...can they maintain that peak? If they can they shall consistently give a good account of themselves...but could still find themselves near the bottom of the group. I expect that they are really fighting for the 3th spot.

The other opponents will be tighter at the back than the Mexicans...and should be more 'deadly' upfront. Funnily that will have the S. Africans more into the games. Why? That focus on defense, as in containment and defenders staying at home by the opponents, I think, will allow the S. African's more time on the ball...more freedom in 'back to front' play...more freedom on attack...but I still expect them to be shutout and then exploited on the opponent's attacks.

Comment

Working...
                        X