Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't be surprised if the US do good

at this world cup.

Been thinking about it and the fact is Bradley may know what he is doing.
    Based on the fact the US used speed and fitness to place in the Confed Cup.

No he has gone for speed to backup the running of Donovan out of midfield. Donovan maybe be coming all confident based on his Confed cup and Everton experience. The guy Torres playing in Mexico look to be a very good player and maybe the one who actually unseated Ching. The speed of Bundle and Finlay maybe just support for the counter attacks to back up Donovan.

The defense is just coming back and maybe the weekpoint but if they can get their self together, even if they lose to England I am looking for a decent run from them
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Can't see that central defense doing well against top opposition without Bocanegra moving back into the center and Gooch performing much better than in his previous showings.

Comment

Yeah, honestly I'm not too terribly confident about our central defense at the moment.

The strange thing is that we're looking really strong in attack, while the central defense is shaky. Normally it is the total opposite for us.
      "Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
      - Xavi

Comment

Dem nah suprise, nuh baddy dis time yah, dem play decent last time wid nuff luck. Dem ah guh need more dan luck dis time.

Comment

Originally posted by Me View Post
          Can't see that central defense doing well against top opposition without Bocanegra moving back into the center and Gooch performing much better than in his previous showings.
          Yeah me the central defense does look poor. At this point however it is all about whether Onyewu is healthy enough to play well. The truth is the England game is not the most important game in this group by any stretch for the US so maybe they can rest Onyewu another week and see if that helps him to be ready for the Slovenia and Algeria game. Afterall those are the two teams you have to beat to get out.

Let me ask this...would it help if instead of Clark at defensive mid they started Edu there? Would it take enough pressure off the central defense just enough for them to perform better? - T.k.
          No need to thank me forumites.

Comment

They could just tell Clarke to stay deep. he covers enough ground and is a good enough tackler.

Comment

Originally posted by T.K. View Post
              Let me ask this...would it help if instead of Clark at defensive mid they started Edu there? Would it take enough pressure off the central defense just enough for them to perform better? - T.k.
              That's a good question, and it's strange that Edu wasn't given any playing time in these pre-WC friendlies.
              "Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
              - Xavi

Comment

As mi tell unnu before. If you don't hate the US for other reasons you will see that they have the potential to do it.

Attacking side can make it as long as Donovan a work. The defense need some work, big up to the USA.
                • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Dem win a game yet?

Comment

Dem lose any yet?
                    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

I'll take that as a no...

Comment

Whe Bricky deh? Yes Bricky them win two things. The game and the group

Comment

Working...
                        X