Boyz end year at No 57 in FIFA rankings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boyz end year at No 57 in FIFA rankings

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD><SPAN class=TopStory>Boyz end year at No 57 in FIFA rankings</SPAN>
    <SPAN class=Subheadline></SPAN></TD></TR><TR><TD>CMC
    Thursday, December 21, 2006
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    <P class=StoryText align=justify>PORT OF SPAIN, Trinidad (CMC) - Cuba stayed No 1 in the Caribbean Football Union (CFU) rankings for the second month in a row when FIFA issued its latest Coca Cola world rankings yesterday.<P class=StoryText align=justify>After unseating Jamaica as the top team in the region last month and maintaining their unbeaten run in Digicel Caribbean Cup football, the Cubans kept their world ranking of 46th in the December ratings, 11 places above Jamaica.<P class=StoryText align=justify>The Jamaica Reggae Boyz, who suffered a surprise elimination from the Digicel Caribbean Cup and drew 1-1 with Peru in their latest international, climbed one place up FIFA's world list to No 57.
    SVG, who upset Jamaica in the Digicel Cup in September, retained third place in the CFU, followed by Trinidad and Tobago in their unfamiliar position of No 4.<P class=StoryText align=justify>Trinidad and Tobago, with a remarkable eight Caribbean Cup titles in 12 years of the competition, qualified for their first ever World Cup Finals tournament - appearing in Germany in June - this year.<P class=StoryText align=justify>The T&amp;T Soca Warriors had risen to No 1 in the CFU for July, August and September before being surpassed by Jamaica in October and slipping further in subsequent months.
    Barbados and the Dominican Republic were the biggest movers in the CFU for the December ratings.<P class=StoryText align=justify>The Barbadians, who toppled higher-rated St Vincent and the Grenadines (SVG) while winning Group G of the Digicel Cup's second round at home with an unbeaten label, moved three places up the CFU list to No 5.
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

RE: Boyz end year at No 57 in FIFA rankings

poor nyamdirt...fi all the campaigning and posing....ah bwoy...and the hit roll on!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

To be honest....ever since Nyamdirt's U20 side get duss out wi nuh see him again......- T.K.
      No need to thank me forumites.

Comment

him a pull a Zeppo pon we :P
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Not trying to take anything away from Cuba (#46) , but what have they done or achieved over the past two years to be given such lofty ranking by FIFA over two teams like Costa Rica (68) and T&amp;T (91). The two teams just named have just qualified for and returned from the World Cup.
          "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

At least playing a few games, looking like a team and WINNING some.
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Take off the grand dad them of a T&amp;T team and tell me where you would rank them

Comment

Sass, the ranking are not supposed to be based off "looking like a team". What was the last game Cuba play and against what opposition? T&amp;T and CR played much better competition over the past few months.
                "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

They opened their Group E Caribbean Cup account in La Havana with a thunderous 6-0 thumping of the Turks &amp; Caicos islands. Reiner Alcantara bagged himself a hat-trick and Osvaldo Alonso, Rudy Lay Arencibia and Ramón Ocaña all scored one goal each to finish off the island hopefuls.

They booked their place in the second round of the competition a few days later with a similar 6-0 win overthe Bahamas - firing yet another warning shot to their opposition in the ensuing rounds of the tournament.

A 7-0 thrashing of the Cayman Islands on6 September saw the home side in fine form once again and finish as runaway Group E winners. Ocana and Ariel Martinez each scored twice, while Alcantara, Jaime Colome and Hensy Munoz all added one apiece in what, in truth, was an absolute mismatch.

With 19 goals scored in their three matches and zero conceded it is no wonder the Cubans have found themselves on a meteoric rise up the global football standings. They now move on to the second round of the Caribbean Cup hoping to book passage to the 2007 CONCACAF Gold Cup that will take place in the USA from 6-24 June.

As mi say "them look like a team" I think they have played a few decent practise games as well.

Comment

As mi say "them look like a team" I think they have played a few decent practise games as well.
                    I will have to do some research to see which top ranked teamsthey have played and the results. For all I know, the FIFA ranking system is supposed to give you points of who you play (the higher rank the better), whether you achieved a Win, Lose or draw. Competitive games also carry more weight than friendlies, although friendlies and good results against strong oponents would help.

I still maintain that over the past two years their senior team has not achieved more than T&amp;T and Costa Rica. The FIFA ranking system is seriously flawed.

Mo had another ranking from someother organization. It would be interesting to see how they have these countries raanked. Anybody remember that site?

Comment

<DIV>Are we still trying to make sense of the FIFA rankings?!? It's not possible! Their method is obviously totally idiotic!</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>Again, the only one that can be trusted is the ELO system. And they didn't pay me for saying that. </DIV>

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

<TABLE borderColor=white cellSpacing=0 rules=groups border=border frame=void><TBODY><TR class=mh><TD class=mh colSpan=16><DIV>This is it, Tilla. Cuba and Costa Rica are more sensibly positioned. I hope it comes out legibly.</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>Elo Ratings and Statistics as of Monday December 18 2006</DIV></TD></TR><TR class=sh><TD class=sh rowSpan=2>rank</TD><TD class=sh rowSpan=2>team</TD><TD class=sh rowSpan=2>rating</TD><TD class=sh colSpan=2>highest</TD><TD class=th colSpan=2>1 yr change</TD><TD class=sh colSpan=7>matches</TD><TD class=sh colSpan=2>goals</TD></TR><TR class=lh><TD class=lh>rank</TD><TD class=lh>rating</TD><TD class=lh>rank</TD><TD class=lh>rating</TD><TD class=lh>total</TD><TD class=lh>home</TD><TD class=lh>away</TD><TD class=lh>neutral</TD><TD class=lh>wins</TD><TD class=lh>losses</TD><TD class=lh>draws</TD><TD class=lh>for</TD><TD class=lh>against</TD></TR><TR><TD>1</TD><TD>Brazil</TD><TD>2056</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>2152</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>+53</TD><TD>804</TD><TD>291</TD><TD>266</TD><TD>247</TD><TD>499</TD><TD>136</TD><TD>169</TD><TD>1755</TD><TD>772</TD></TR><TR><TD>2</TD><TD>France</TD><TD>2036</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>2105</TD><TD>+1</TD><TD>+90</TD><TD>670</TD><TD>338</TD><TD>256</TD><TD>76</TD><TD>316</TD><TD>213</TD><TD>141</TD><TD>1207</TD><TD>981</TD></TR><TR><TD>3</TD><TD>Italy</TD><TD>1992</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>2077</TD><TD>+4</TD><TD>+83</TD><TD>654</TD><TD>305</TD><TD>246</TD><TD>103</TD><TD>350</TD><TD>129</TD><TD>175</TD><TD>1145</TD><TD>655</TD></TR><TR><TD>4</TD><TD>Netherlands</TD><TD>1960</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>2066</TD><TD>-2</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>635</TD><TD>299</TD><TD>263</TD><TD>73</TD><TD>307</TD><TD>182</TD><TD>146</TD><TD>1311</TD><TD>842</TD></TR><TR><TD>5</TD><TD>Argentina</TD><TD>1956</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>2111</TD><TD>+3</TD><TD>+48</TD><TD>858</TD><TD>307</TD><TD>338</TD><TD>213</TD><TD>452</TD><TD>190</TD><TD>216</TD><TD>1626</TD><TD>936</TD></TR><TR><TD>6</TD><TD>Germany</TD><TD>1950</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>2098</TD><TD>+5</TD><TD>+82</TD><TD>782</TD><TD>335</TD><TD>329</TD><TD>118</TD><TD>447</TD><TD>174</TD><TD>161</TD><TD>1749</TD><TD>937</TD></TR><TR><TD>7</TD><TD>England</TD><TD>1932</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>2040</TD><TD>-3</TD><TD>-1</TD><TD>846</TD><TD>368</TD><TD>402</TD><TD>76</TD><TD>477</TD><TD>163</TD><TD>206</TD><TD>1894</TD><TD>856</TD></TR><TR><TD>8</TD><TD>Denmark</TD><TD>1880</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>1959</TD><TD>+4</TD><TD>+26</TD><TD>701</TD><TD>305</TD><TD>325</TD><TD>71</TD><TD>328</TD><TD>239</TD><TD>134</TD><TD>1325</TD><TD>999</TD></TR><TR><TD>9</TD><TD>Croatia</TD><TD>1870</TD><TD>5</TD><TD>1967</TD><TD>+4</TD><TD>+36</TD><TD>171</TD><TD>69</TD><TD>74</TD><TD>28</TD><TD>82</TD><TD>37</TD><TD>52</TD><TD>292</TD><TD>177</TD></TR><TR><TD>10</TD><TD>Portugal</TD><TD>1867</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>1983</TD><TD>-1</TD><TD>-12</TD><TD>455</TD><TD>218</TD><TD>183</TD><TD>54</TD><TD>204</TD><TD>149</TD><TD>102</TD><TD>727</TD><TD>583</TD></TR><TR><TD>11</TD><TD>Spain</TD><TD>1857</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>2008</TD><TD>-5</TD><TD>-71</TD><TD>529</TD><TD>250</TD><TD>210</TD><TD>69</TD><TD>281</TD><TD>112</TD><TD>136</TD><TD>1008</TD><TD>518</TD></TR><TR><TD>12</TD><TD>Czechia</TD><TD>1856</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>1999</TD><TD>-7</TD><TD>-75</TD><TD>666</TD><TD>270</TD><TD>320</TD><TD>76</TD><TD>326</TD><TD>193</TD><TD>147</TD><TD>1273</TD><TD>838</TD></TR><TR><TD>13</TD><TD>Sweden</TD><TD>1845</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>1953</TD><TD>-3</T

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

They seem to have a much more realistic ranking system than FIFA.

They have the three teams as follows:

Cuba - 60

Costa Rica - 51

T&amp;T - 72

They also put T&amp;T below Cuba. Interestingly, they have Jamaica at 54.

Comment

that is like getting a second opinion from the Doc Tilla.

Cuba is ranked above T&amp;T. It look like we have to find the T&amp;T rating system, a wonder where is Nyamdirt when you need him?

Comment

Cuba is ranked above T&amp;T. It look like we have to find the T&amp;T rating system, a wonder where is Nyamdirt when you need him?
                              Ssas: Watch the next couple of months a certain FIFA VP let these ranking guys know that T&amp;T needs to be higher on the tables than they now have them. I think these rankings have just been under his rarar since the WC.

Comment

Working...
                              X