Well mi ah go say it from now:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well mi ah go say it from now:

On june 12th; if england don't beat the US their WC dreams are over. They have to win. No draw, if loss they can pack up and leave S.africa.

If you're England you could not have 1. asked for a better group and 2. asked for a better draw overall. They are definitely on the weakest side of the bracket for the knock out phases of the tournament. Granted they are not as talented as they were 4 years ago but they're coach seems to have the players and the english public in the right frame of mind of the tourney. I think anything less than a semi appearance would be a failure for this team. Easy 2nd round and quarterfinal games ahead if they win the group as they should. - T.K.
    No need to thank me forumites.

Comment

England has a good team.

Not that you can take much from international friendlies. I saw England v. Japan on Sunday.

Japan scored first. England won 2-1.

Japan scored Englands 2 goals in the second half.

Go figure.
      The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Talk di tings sah. If dem nuh win come june 12th; it's over . There is no easy group in the WC. TK stop listening to the media.

Comment

They can lose to england and win the other 2.

They can win all 3. They will NOT lose all their games.

The USA team I know is no pushover.

That reminds me; i need to order their new retro World Cup Jersey.

Very Nice eh!!!

OH BTW: cannot forget I was up at 2 am watching Portugal get them A$$ spanked by MY US TEAM.

Let me whet your appetite:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21CuiSWJ4iY

You and Karl don't bet unu mortgage on the England match. Just watch and enjoy.

Thanks in advance.
          Last edited by HL; June 1, 2010, 01:38 AM.

HL

Comment

Originally posted by Jawge View Post
            On june 12th; if england don't beat the US their WC dreams are over. They have to win. No draw, if loss they can pack up and leave S.africa.
            Doesn't mean anything.

In 1966 they opened the tournament with a draw and still went on to lift the trophy.

In 1982 Italy didn't win a single game in their group but then finished as World Champions.
            "Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
            - Xavi

Comment

Zepps in case you missed it, the format has changed. italy should been sent home in 82. Look at 02 WC; play around and you are sent packing early. 1982 trophy belongs to Brasil.

Comment

Originally posted by Jawge View Post
                Zepps in case you missed it, the format has changed. italy should been sent home in 82. Look at 02 WC; play around and you are sent packing early.
                Yes, the format changed. But what difference does that make? In 1998 (first one to use the current format) Chile advanced from their group without winning a single game.

If you want to make a prediction then fine. But it's still just speculation. I'm not backing England, either. Just pointing out a fact: There are teams who have gotten off to a slow start but still won the World Cup just the same.

1982 trophy belongs to Brasil.
                Hmm. I could have sworn they got knocked out in the second round.
                "Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
                - Xavi

Comment

look at switzerland...scored 4 goals conceded none and got knocked out in the first round.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

There are teams who have gotten off to a slow start but still won the World Cup just the same.

And I say not with the current format. It's designed to discourage mediocrity.

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
                      look at switzerland...scored 4 goals conceded none and got knocked out in the first round.
                      When was that?
                      - Xavi

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
                        If you are talking about 2006, switzerland did advance,I think they even won their group

but on a side note they did exit the tournament w/out conceding a goal in regular game play.
                        Last edited by Za; June 1, 2010, 12:34 PM.

Comment

...he is lookin' it up....

HL

Comment

Originally posted by HL View Post
                            England has a good team.

Not that you can take much from international friendlies. I saw England v. Japan on Sunday.

Japan scored first. England won 2-1.

Japan scored Englands 2 goals in the second half.

Go figure.
                            innah di fust alf Japan nearly kill Heng-land! ...but innah dat fust half Japan nuh tek dem chances...and dem fittah Heng-land dun dem innah di second half!
                            "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Really? I know the US won't make those defensive mistakes.

Comment

Working...
                              X