Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USA vs Turkey on ESPN

USA's defense is porous!
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

USA Rallied To Win 2-1 All Today's Friendly Scores

USA 2-1 Turkey

Slovakia 1-1 Cameroon

Noway 2-1 Montenegro

Poland 0-0 Finland

United Arab Emirates 3-2 Moldova

New Zealand 1-0 Serbia

Spain 3-2 Saudi Arabia

Hungary 0-3 Germany

Azerbaijan 1-3 Macedonia

Sweden 4-2 Bosnia-Herzegovina

Ukraine 3-2 Romania

Iceland 4-0 Andorra

Venezuela vs Canada, tonight

Comment

U.S. team displays grit in stirring comeback win against Turkey

The U.S. boards a plane for South Africa and the World Cup on Sunday, and the mood on that trip will be a good one after a come-from-behind 2-1 victory over Turkey at Lincoln Financial Field on Saturday.

What did we learn? Midfielder Jose Torres might have a case for a starting spot in the central midfield. Forward Robbie Findley may just be able to make an impact at this level after all. Landon Donovan could be headed for another match-up against England's Ashley Cole. And the U.S.'s team defense still has issues that need to be resolved once the team touches down in Johannesburg.

The player who benefited the most from this game was Torres, the 22-year-old Texan who came on at halftime for a struggling Ricardo Clark and made a major impact, not just by connecting on his passes (we knew he could do that) but also by showing some bite in the tackle.
      "Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
      - Xavi

Comment

Poor game. Filhauber solidified his position on the bench.

Comment

Once again US team shows it does not belong in the World Cup 2010!
          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
            Just so we're clear. You still stand by your prediction that the US won't win a single game at the World Cup right? Does not belong at the World Cup? I mean they only finished first in their region to qualify. They definitely don't belong. - T.K.
            No need to thank me forumites.

Comment

since you are on the subject of winning one game ............
              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Me View Post
                Poor game. Filhauber solidified his position on the bench.
                Boy Me Feilhaber really has gone backwards to rhatid. Not sure what is going on with him. He certainly does not deserve to start. I mean Bradley only played him in the position he plays week in and week out for his club and he was still rubbish. If I am to be an optimist I would say in the first half the entire team looked poor so Feilhaber was just a casualty of that. The US were playing with two defensive midfielders in clark and bradley so you had no playmaker in the middle to link up play. HoweverIf I am to be honest he has been poor for the US team for the last year now.

What is the deal with Michael Bradley? If I see that idiot pass the ball to the other team one more time I am going to kick in my tv. Torres was fantastic. Did not expect him to play so well in a 4-4-2. Findley did better than I had anticipated but still not convinced. - T.K.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                  since you are on the subject of winning one game ............
                  You really had to go there didn't you Assasin. DC United for life! We've won 2 games now thank you. TWO! - T.K.

Comment

a good thing you can count to Rhatid.
                    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                      a good thing you can count to Rhatid.
                      We may be dead last in the entire league but I will be damned if I am going to let you rob us of 50% of our hard earned wins! - T.K.

Comment

Findley showed why he is good off the bench and why he can't start. What a yute take long to let go the ball. He will be very useful to the team.

Comment

I see Bradley using pure speed on the forward line in the second half with Findley and Bundle coming on in games and running some tired feet. That is why Ching get left out.

Comment

Originally posted by T.K. View Post
                            Just so we're clear. You still stand by your prediction that the US won't win a single game at the World Cup right? Does not belong at the World Cup? I mean they only finished first in their region to qualify. They definitely don't belong. - T.K.
                            ...and when we think of our own reggaeboyz finishing so far down the line...I can only say our REGGAE BOYZ are lower grade crap! carp! crap! carp! ...and that's the tragedy!

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
                              Yep, sure sounds like a comment from a guy whose country didn't even come close to qualifying.
                              "Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
                              - Xavi

Comment

Working...
                              X