Dubious Goals Panel Rulings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dubious Goals Panel Rulings

The Dubious Goals Panel has awarded Nani United’s first goal at the Emirates Stadium in January.

The Portuguese winger demonstrated silky skill on the right flank to beat three defenders before chipping a cross to the back post that found its way into the net courtesy of Arsenal goalkeeper Manuel Almunia.

The strike was provisionally credited as an own goal but the Dubious Goals Panel has since ruled in Nani’s favour. The decision takes Nani's season tally to seven goals.

In other news, United’s third goal in the 5-0 victory against Portsmouth at Old Trafford in February has been confirmed as a Michael Carrick strike. Some sources had credited the goal as a Richard Hughes own goal.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

I recalled being mocked round here when I asked why Carrick's goal was given as an own goal. Oh well, now that I'm proven to be correct, people gonna keep quiet.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
      The Dubious Goals Panel has awarded Nani United’s first goal at the Emirates Stadium in January.

The Portuguese winger demonstrated silky skill on the right flank to beat three defenders before chipping a cross to the back post that found its way into the net courtesy of Arsenal goalkeeper Manuel Almunia.

The strike was provisionally credited as an own goal but the Dubious Goals Panel has since ruled in Nani’s favour. The decision takes Nani's season tally to seven goals.

In other news, United’s third goal in the 5-0 victory against Portsmouth at Old Trafford in February has been confirmed as a Michael Carrick strike. Some sources had credited the goal as a Richard Hughes own goal.

Nonsense about courtesy of Almunia!
      Almunia tried to stop the ball going in. That's his job.
      He failed! That's not his job!

Nani's goal! The ref should have awarded it as such!
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
        I recalled being mocked round here when I asked why Carrick's goal was given as an own goal. Oh well, now that I'm proven to be correct, people gonna keep quiet.
        One who was with you!

http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/s...ani#post211520
        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Working...
        X