USA 30-Man Preliminary Roster for 2010 World Cup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USA 30-Man Preliminary Roster for 2010 World Cup

GOALKEEPERS (3): Brad Guzan (Aston Villa), Tim Howard (Everton), Marcus Hahnemann (Wolverhampton)
    DEFENDERS (9): Carlos Bocanegra (Rennes), Jonathan Bornstein (Chivas USA), Steve Cherundolo (Hannover), Jay DeMerit (Watford), Clarence Goodson (IK Start), Chad Marshall (Columbus Crew), Oguchi Onyewu (AC Milan), Heath Pearce (FC Dallas), Jonathan Spector (West Ham United)
    MIDFIELDERS (12): DaMarcus Beasley (Rangers), Alejandro Bedoya (Örebro), Michael Bradley (Borussia Mönchengladbach), Ricardo Clark (Houston Dynamo), Clint Dempsey (Fulham), Landon Donovan (Los Angeles Galaxy), Maurice Edu (Rangers), Benny Feilhaber (Aarhus), Stuart Holden (Bolton), Sacha Kljestan (Chivas USA), Robbie Rogers (Columbus Crew), José Torres (Pachuca)
    FORWARDS (6): Jozy Altidore (Villarreal), Edson Buddle (Los Angeles Galaxy), Brian Ching (Houston Dynamo), Robbie Findley (Real Salt Lake), Herculez Gomez (Puebla), Eddie Johnson (Aris Thessaloniki)

http://www.ussoccer.com/News/Mens-Na...up-Roster.aspx
    Last edited by Zeppo; May 11, 2010, 07:54 PM.
    "Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
    - Xavi

Originally posted by Zeppo View Post
    GOALKEEPERS (3): Brad Guzan (Aston Villa), Tim Howard (Everton), Marcus Hahnemann (Wolverhampton)
    DEFENDERS (9): Carlos Bocanegra (Rennes), Steve Cherundolo (Hannover), Jay DeMerit (Watford), Clarence Goodson (IK Start), Oguchi Onyewu (AC Milan), Heath Pearce (FC Dallas), Jonathan Spector (West Ham United)
    MIDFIELDERS (12): DaMarcus Beasley (Rangers), Alejandro Bedoya (Örebro), Michael Bradley (Borussia Mönchengladbach), Ricardo Clark (Houston Dynamo), Clint Dempsey (Fulham), Landon Donovan (Los Angeles Galaxy), Benny Feilhaber (Aarhus), Stuart Holden (Bolton), José Torres (Pachuca)
    FORWARDS (6): Jozy Altidore (Villarreal), Brian Ching (Houston Dynamo), Herculez Gomez (Puebla), Eddie Johnson (Aris Thessaloniki)

http://www.ussoccer.com/News/Mens-Na...up-Roster.aspx

Are you selecting the players that you think will be going?

Comment

Whoops!

I just edited it to show the complete roster.
      "Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
      - Xavi

Comment

SO no Adu? Big man ball catch up with him.
        "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Originally posted by Tilla View Post
          SO no Adu? Big man ball catch up with him.
          Sporadic appearances on a Greek team isn't going to cut it.
          - Xavi

Comment

what he is hit by the Greek Crisis too?
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Well, so much for the American Pele.
              "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

no jeff cunninham.

Comment

Eddie Johnson...back in the fold.

Hope he is cured of the back passing habit--and start to attack the defence. He would be fouled more often--resulting in set-pieces in good scoring positions.

And Tilla...tek it easy wid Freddy.
                  The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Originally posted by HL View Post
                    And Tilla...tek it easy wid Freddy.
                    Alright sir, I will, I will take it easy with him. I can remember going to Arrowhead to watch him play for DC United against the Wizards. You could not hear yourself talk each time he touched the ball as these kids, many who came just to see him would just start screaming.

It is really sad to see he has not lived up to the billing. But you know it is kind of difficult for a "big midget" to make it in football in Europe. The teams in Europe tend to prefer the tall players, unless you are going to turn out to be someone like Lionel Messi.

I wish him the best though. Maybe he should consider coming back to play in MLS if it is not working for him in Europe.

Anyway, I have got to run. Under some severe weather right now.

Comment

Working...
                    X