Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Second feels strange

09/05/2010 18:25

For the first time in his United career, Patrice Evra has played a full campaign without winning the league - and he doesn't like the feeling one bit.

The Frenchman's honours list at Old Trafford is now book-ended by two Carling Cups - the victory in Cardiff just weeks after he joined the club during the January 2006 transfer window and this year's triumph over Aston Villa at Wembley. Naturally he'd much prefer to be looking at a fourth consecutive league title as his latest success.
    "It was very painful at half-time when I knew that Chelsea were winning 3-0. It’s hard {to take], it’s a sad day today," Evra told MUTV.
    "I can say congratulations to all my team-mates because it was not easy this year and to finish second is good.
    "But it’s not my mentality. I’ve always said that if I don’t finish first in the league, I will feel like I didn’t do my job very well for Man United. When you play for Man United, you must always win. I’ve been here four years and this is my first [full] year when I haven’t won the league. I feel strange. Today is a very, very sad day for me."
    When asked why United had fallen short of a fourth
    title in a row, albeit by just one point, Patrice replied:
    "We lost too many games this season. We shouldn’t have lost to Chelsea here and then we drew with Blackburn away and dropped some more points.
    "There were other games we lost when we shouldn't have, like Burnley at the beginning of the season. I think that was the key, but still I congratulate Chelsea for winning the league."
    Evra is vowing to fight win back the title next year, saying: "I want to win every year and next year will be the same. Every year I play for Man United I want to be the best."
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)
Working...
X