X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wenger: Thanks for your fantastic support

Wenger: Thanks for your fantastic support

Dear Arsenal Supporter,
    It was important for us to finish well on Sunday. We did that and we didn't need to worry about the Tottenham result.
    I am very happy that after the World Cup we don't have to play a qualifier for the Champions League because it is a very sensitive game and those ties are getting hard every year.
    For us if you look at the season as a whole we have exceeded many people's expectations. But of course we are still frustrated because one month ago we were in touch with the title but we didn't win it.
    Overall we showed a good attitude and strong character - the team has improved a lot on that front. But we conceded too many goals to win the title. We did not have the players available in the last six weeks to fight for the championship and I believe that when you go into the final sprint you need your squad available.
    When you have six players not available in the last six games and in the Champions League Quarter-Final you can get away with it for one or two games but it does not work on a longer basis. It's a shame because we went out of the Champions League to the holders and we were beaten by Chelsea and Manchester United who have strong squads. We were just a fraction short.
    The fans did not react well to Lukasz Fabianski at the start of the Fulham game but that is part of the learning process for him. You want the fans to be positive but I feel he has enough quality to be an exceptional keeper - he responded well and had a quality game.
    It is not easy to play at such a young age under such pressure. In the last three weeks he has made progress and I believe he has huge potential.
    We want to improve our quality this summer. It is not necessarily a large number of players that we need to buy but I believe you don't win the title when you concede 40 goals. Leave the transfer business to me and when you come back in July for the Emirates Cup you will see.
    Thanks for your fantastic support this season and have a great summer. The Manager's E-mail will return at the start of the 2010/11 season.
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

"leave the transfer business to me and whn you come back.......you will see" .... poetic!

anyway...enough of waxing nostalgic....him better address the keeper, centre half and holding midfielder. we need a drogba too....our forwards are too "light"

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

I would use the word "dainty" to describe most of your players.
      Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

is that still a word?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

and your players are?

Comment

Working...
          X