Mr. President, please sign the check for this boy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr. President, please sign the check for this boy

Real Madrid's Gonzalo Higuain set to spark Premier League bidding war as contract talks stall

By Sportsmail Reporter
    Last updated at 1:41 PM on 10th May 2010
    Gonzalo Higuain is said to be resigned to swapping Spain for England this summer as contract discussions with Real Madrid appear doomed.

The Argentina international has been locked in talks with Bernabeu chiefs for some time as he bids to land a deal more lucrative than his current £15,000-a-week. It certainly doesn't seem like a an unreasonable request.

The hot-shot striker has hit an impressive 29 goals in 38 appearances this term, including 12 in his last 12. Karim Benzema, in contrast, has failed to reach double figures despite joining the club for £35million last summer and earning considerably more in wages.

Hot-shot: Gonzalo Higuain has discovered his best form at Real Madrid this season

The former Lyon star is one of a number of players Higuain can point to as more handsomely rewarded for considerably less by way of results.

After scoring in Saturday's crushing 5-1 win - which may turn out to be his final home game for the club he joined in 2007 - Higuain said: 'I'm proud to take the applause from these people who know that in the three-and-a-half years I've been here I have given everything for this club.

'Sometimes I succeed and sometimes it goes wrong, but I'm proud of being able to wear the shirt of this team. I want to continue, but it is not closed (definite).'
    Under-appreciated: Higuain's wage pales in comparison to that of many Real Madrid stars

A corner appeared to have been turned in March when Madrid director general Jorge Valdano said he wanted the forward to stay for the rest of his career.

However, there has been little progress in securing a new deal and now Chelsea, Manchester City and Manchester United are monitoring the situation.

Dimitar Berbatov's failure to live up to his massive price-tag has forced Sir Alex Ferguson back into the market for a striker, and Manchester City will look to overhaul their front line this summer with Emmanuel Adebayor, Roque Santa Cruz and Carlos Tevez all likely to move on.

Madrid, meanwhile, are lining up more eye-catching names to add to the 'Galactico' line-up. Star of city rivals Atletico, Sergio Aguero, is high on the wanted list, and capturing Wayne Rooney remains a long-term goal.

Higuain's current deal runs until the 2013.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1276218/Real-Madrids-Gonzalo-Higuain-set-spark-Premier-League-bidding-war-contract-talks-stall.html#ixzz0nX4a3wYm
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Lets hope Fergie a pay attention. He is capable of playing upfront on his own.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

"HE" is worth 30m plus we can pay him 30k per week and he would be cool with that.
      Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
        "HE" is worth 30m plus we can pay him 30k per week and he would be cool with that.
        Yuh think suh? Mek him shine at the world cup and see how much him ago want. I still cannot see why Real want to get rid of him.
        "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

yuh mussi mad, 130K, yuh nuh si which side dem him a request

Comment

mi nah tell nuh lie mid did tink a 150K a week when mi fus si di print, but when mi open mi eye wider mi si seh a 15k, a some championship side im a play fah, mi tink arsenal would embaras fi pay him dat, much less high rolla Madrid

Comment

Originally posted by 1of1 View Post
              mi nah tell nuh lie mid did tink a 150K a week when mi fus si di print, but when mi open mi eye wider mi si seh a 15k, a some championship side im a play fah, mi tink arsenal would embaras fi pay him dat, much less high rolla Madrid
              Nuh the same thing Real Madrid did with Makalalee. He was being paid monkey money while the stars such as Zidane, Ronaldo etc made all the money. It was after he went to Chelsea they realized his importance to the team. Fergie need fi lock this player fass fass.

Comment

Working...
              X