RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another drunk/stupid City fan- your relative HL?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another drunk/stupid City fan- your relative HL?

And finally, story of the week concerns the Manchester City fan who thought it was a good idea to get a large tattoo last year depicting his club as the 2011 Champions League winners. Kirk Bradley remarked at the time: "While I was in the pub one night I was saying how I thought we'd win the Champions League next season and my friend turned to me and said 'if you're so sure why don't you have it tattooed?'
    "He was obviously joking, so you can imagine his face when I turned around and said 'OK then'. Indeed.
    The 25-year-old was asked what would happen if City didn't win the Champions League and he added: "I don't even want to think about it - and I don't think I'll have to. I'm sure I would get a lot of stick from my mates though." Surely not?
    Right, that's it. No more football for us Championship also-rans, which is doubly gutting after I was forced to miss last week's finale against Newcastle due to my eldest being poorly.
    I did, however, make it out to the Camden Crawl on Sunday, where I was bizarrely served drinks in the Dublin Castle by Amy Winehouse, while the lead singer of Babybird pointed me out to the crowd and kindly announced that Danny Dyer was in the building. I think I preferred the Craig Charles comparisons.
    Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
    Che Guevara.

The Pub scene in that part of the world (as you well know and have experienced Sickko) ...is a place on it's own.

It is one of the place(s) where the songs they sing at matches are 'invented'.

The pubs are not short on eejits. This boy is a true fan of the game. It's this level fanaticism that we mortals on this side of the world don't fully understand.

And yes...the boy is my 3rd cousin...so what?
    Last edited by HL; May 7, 2010, 06:55 PM.
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Working...
    X