Suh Arsene blinked?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suh Arsene blinked?!

Goal.com special report: Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger will have £45 million transfer war chest this summer

Club's varied financial interests lead to record turnover

13 Apr 2010 09:00:00

Arsene Wenger - Arsenal (PA)

EXCLUSIVE
    By Wayne Veysey | Arsenal Correspondent

Arsene Wenger will have a transfer kitty of up to £45 million to spend on strengthening the Arsenal squad this summer, it can be revealed today.

Independent analysis of Arsenal’s financial results and income has confirmed that Wenger will be one of the Premier League’s most cash-rich managers during the next transfer window.

A report due to be published imminently by the respected Arsenal Supporters’ Trust will show that the club’s prudent financial dealings are beginning to pay dividends.

MORE...
    The club are on course to exceed the record turnover recorded for the year ending May 31 2009, not only because of an expected increase in football-generated income but also because the Highbury Square development is set to break even in the next few weeks.

Despite the difficult financial climate, the units at Arsenal’s former ground have continued to find buyers over the past 12 months and the club are confident of eventually making a £30-40m profit from their property portfolio.

The knock-on effect is that Wenger will have more money at his disposal for the main transfer window this summer than he has had for many years.

“The forecasts based on the half-yearly results that go up to last November and the income that we know the club is generating on the football side and the property side are very healthy,” a source close to the report told Goal.com UK.

“The club is in very robust financial situation. During the last summer transfer window, the property side was a disaster but that is not the case anymore.

“At a conservative estimate, £30m will be available to Wenger but it could be up to £45m.”

Although Wenger has sanctioned new contracts for 17 Arsenal players this season and wages for the current campaign have risen to £115m from £104m in 2008-09, it will not prevent him from being presented with a war-chest that is probably only exceeded by Manchester City among domestic rivals.

The move could see a host of new names at the Emirates next term following a season in which Arsenal have suffered from a series of devastating injuries to key players.

Arsenal-bound | Powerful striker Chamakh is set to join Gunners on a free

Arsenal are believed to have reached an agreement for Bordeaux striker Marouane Chamakh to join in the summer, although his will be a free transfer because he is out of contract.

The Gunners have also been linked with moves for Juventus' Brazilian midfielder Felipe Melo and Inter striker Mario Balotelli.

MORE...
    The boost for Arsenal supporters comes while the long-term control of the club remains shrouded in doubt.

------------------

Suh the money is identified...
    ...still as to Arsene having blinked? I think, not!
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Gwaan thru my second favourite team.
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Yesterday I called a good,repectable friend of mine, an Arsenal fan, he didn't answer the call. I left him a voicemail saying, bredren, mi know Arsenal played today, I am sure they won, congrrats on getting the second spot.Called again, no answer so I said I glimpsed the score on TV and they incorrectly placed 2 for Tot but I am sure it will be corrected. Was about to call , when he finally called. Paul why yuh calling mi phone, he asked. Well bredren, jus waan mek sure yuh alright, I replied.
      F u(first time I have ever heard him curse, we grew up together) and F Man U was his respnse,then came the dial tone.Nothing strange really.
      How can Arsenal be your second....when you dislike them so much?

Blessed
      Last edited by Rockman; April 15, 2010, 10:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockman View Post
        Yesterday I called a good,repectable friend of mine, an Arsenal fan, he didn't answer the call. I left him a voicemail saying, bredren, mi know Arsenal played today, I am sure the won, congrrats on getting the second spot.Called again, no answer so I said I glimpsed the score on TV and the incorrectly placed 2 for Tot but I am sure it will be corrected. Was about to call , when he finally called. Paul why yuh calling mi phone, he asked. Well bredren, jus waan mek sure yuh alright, I replied.
        F u(first time I have ever heard him curse, we grew up together) and F Man U was his respnse,then came the dial tone.Nothing strange really.
        How can Arsenal be your second....when you dislike them so much?

Blessed
        Sound like yuh need fi call him again. Him sounding suicidal to me.
        "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

hehe...yuh better go check pon yuh bredrin....QUICK!!!!
          Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Working...
          X