Its all gone wrong? At the start of the season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
    You need a forward to provide some threat and take the pressure off the midfield. When Rooney playing the midfield open up so they can take chances.

With Rooney out Berbatov drop too deep sometimes and you have no forward up front to really spread out and open up the game. You need a target player upfront with some impact.
    Thought Berbatov won some crucial games for BoyU? ...but maybe inhabitants of Shady Pines see things that aren't there
    ...right?
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
      Thought Berbatov won some crucial games for BoyU? ...but maybe inhabitants of Shady Pines see things that aren't there
      ...right?
      MU didn't win, so his critics can point to that. PPL don't realize he plays completely different from Rooney. Everytime MU drop points, the fingers are pointed at Berbatov .... well, he did set up Valencia one on one with the keeper yesterday and Valencia didn't do enough to score.
      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Originally posted by Tilla View Post
        Why am I not surprised by your position?

I did not think the guy deserved a penalty. He was fouling Mikel immediately before he went down. It would have been a travesty if the referee rewarded him with a penalty afterward.

Lazie, tell me you did not see Agbonlahor try to take off Mikel's shirt just before he went down? If you did not, then I will see with you. You can try watch the clip to that play again to clear it up for you.

Moreover, looking at it more closely, you will see that Agbonlahor went down over Mikel's thigh. In my book, it did not appear that it was a deliberate challenge, but the man continuing into the Mikel's thigh then going down.
        Tilla, flip it how yuh want ... it was a penalty. Mikel didn't win the ball, but of course its the norm for Chelsea to get away with such acts.
        "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Can you say that with a straight face? How many chances did Berbatov get yesterday?

Lazie the man was a major transfer and that come with responsibility. It is not like a Owen type money that can be easily written off.
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Can you say that with a straight face? How many chances did Berbatov get yesterday?

Lazie the man was a major transfer and that come with responsibility. It is not like a Owen type money that can be easily written off.
            The money is what all of you are focusing on? Lets jog yuh memory. Remember the battle for Berbatov was going on for a while, Spurs wanted X and MU wanted to pay less. On the last day of the transfer window, the noisy neighbors stepped in and said they will pay the asking price. If you recall Levy insisted that the player was sent to negotiate with Manchester City? Based on readings it appears Fergie caved because losing a player to the wastelands would ... well recall their behavior when they signed Tevez?

Look at the top scorers chart. Most teams have a leading goal scorer their backup forward numbers is way down.

Drogba -25 Anelka -8 Total =33
            Tevez 22 - Ade -13 Total = 35
            Bent 22 Jones -8 Total = 30
            Torres - 18 Ngog - 4 Total = 22
            Defoe - 17 Crouch 7 Total = 24

Now MU

Rooney 26 Berbatov 12 Total = 38

How different is the spread? The problem is Lampard, Malouda scored more than 17 and 11 goals respectively, MU's highest scoring mid was Valencia with 5. But making Berbatov the scapegoat seems the easiest way to go.

Comment

Tevez 22

Just a few of those 22 would have gone a long way for BoyU

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
                Tevez 22

Just a few of those 22 would have gone a long way for BoyU

True, as well as a few of the Ronaldo goals ... however, both players choose to play elsewhere.

Comment

what you fail to realise is Berbatov was not bought as a back up strriker. You don't pay 30 mil fi that. The man was bought to be a central focus of Manu attack. It is not like Owen. To whom hugh amount is spent on, large responsibility is expected. You don't pay 30 mill for bench warmers Lazie.
                  • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

what you fail to realise is Berbatov was not bought as a back up strriker. You don't pay 30 mil fi that. The man was bought to be a central focus of Manu attack. It is not like Owen. To whom hugh amount is spent on, large responsibility is expected. You don't pay 30 mill for bench warmers Lazie.
                    Damn bredren. The tactic has changed from 4-4-2 to 4-3-3/4-5-1. When he was brought there was already Tevez, Rooney and Ronaldo in the team. People seem to forget the youth's ability to create. Look back at the Spurs game last season when they won 5-2 ... Berbatov was like an F5 Load Balancer in that game. The reality is Fergie moved away from 4-4-2 and there is no place for Berbatov when Rooney is fit in 4-3-3 or 4-5-1.

Maybe Fergie need to get a forward that can adapt to any formation.

Comment

you still nuh get it. If Berbatov was playing to Fergie expectation there would be no need to use one forward. The problem is he is not claiming his spot. Fergie is one coach who adjust based on his team so that should tell you something.

Comment

you still nuh get it. If Berbatov was playing to Fergie expectation there would be no need to use one forward. The problem is he is not claiming his spot. Fergie is one coach who adjust based on his team so that should tell you something.
                        Sass, you have a tendency to create stuff to back up your argument. Last season when there was an abundance of attacking players Rooney, Ronaldo, Tevez and the Villian Berbatov, didn't Fergie play with on striker in the BIG games, e.g. UCL games?

Comment

when you have Rooney or Ronaldo in your team you can afford to do that.

I have been following Manu too long to see Fergie is not stuck with any special system but use the system best for players at his disposal. Fergie has used two strikers upfront when he has two strikers he has confidence in. In the case of Rooney and Ronaldo, Ronaldo is commonly called a winger but he can score just like any forward and Rooney is dangerous.

If Fergie saw Berbatov as the same threat he would be a mainstay on the forwardline with Rooney beeen a little withdrawn.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
                            Tilla, flip it how yuh want ... it was a penalty. Mikel didn't win the ball, but of course its the norm for Chelsea to get away with such acts.
                            You have a tendency to see things how you want and not how they were. As PR said, you need to watch without those ManUre colored glasses.

The man stumbled over the other Mikel's thigh after he was basically tearing off the man's shirt. So you think he should be rewarded a penalty for that because Mikel did not win the ball?The referee made the right call or he should have called foul on Agbonlahor before that.

But then what is the big fuss? They lost by 3 goals anyway. Give them a penalty they still lose.
                            "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Gee when did we hit rock bottom, now being compared with the rest?
                              Saha and Ruud competed with Henry for the Golden Boot award a few seasons, very little separated Rooney and Tevez when factor x played a role, Ronaldo.
                              By our standard Berbie production is a little better than an injury prone Man U striker of yesterday.

Blessed

Comment

Tell that to Lazie. When him get shipped out at the end of the season Lazie will be asking why?

Comment

Working...
                                X